Chapter 38

Ron's  POV

She was very young to witness me kissing another girl when she was absolutely crazy about me.  I was scared that she might...

No!!

What if she...??

I felt responsible for her emotional turmoil so rushed after her as soon as I could come out of my shocked state,  but could not find her anywhere.

Where could have she gone?

I kept standing in front of her classroom as she would have definitely come there once the break would be over.

She came but didn't say anything and went inside. Her eyes were red. She has been crying??

Oh, God!!

I wanted to talk to her but could not do it in school. So I gave the tiffin to Ruhan telling him to return it to Mahi. He looked at me weirdly but didn't dare to ask me anything.

Giving her space and time to process her emotions seemed to be the best approach, so I went away.

I realized the impact of my actions and felt remorse for causing Mahi pain. She didn't come to school for the next couple of days and I got more guilty. Finally, I asked Manik about her absence from school, and he said that she was not feeling very well.

My guilt increased manifold. Was she so upset?

**********

There was a get-together at their place and I wanted to go there to meet her, wanted to see that she was alright.

When we reached there I saw her sitting beside her mom with her eyes on her damn phone.

What was so interesting in it?? I went closer to her many times but she didn't even once peeked at me. I could see that she was sad and withdrawn. Our whole group was standing nearby and kept stealing glances at her but she was looking at her phone as if her life depended on it.

Ruhan, Sahaj, and Saanjh went to her and asked her to play with them but she refused to go saying she was not feeling well. Then she went inside and here was my chance to talk to her.

I wanted to apologize to her, she was too young to see anything like that. But I could not explain to her that the girl kissed me and not the other way.  Though I had kissed other girls I was not kissing that girl when she came.

I went after her but was cautious that uncle should not see me following her. Finally, I stopped her. But she was not very keen on talking, she didn't even look at me.

" Are you sorry that you kissed her? " She asked.

What could I say to that? If I would have said no, she would have felt bad, and if I said yes, I would be leading her on.

" What? No! I am sorry that you saw that. "  I said and she looked hurt to hear that.

" You are not sorry that you kissed her? "  She asked again as if she wanted to confirm.

" Er... No! "

" Why did you kiss her? Is she your girlfriend? "  She asked.

" Er... Ummm... She is not. " I replied.

But then she confronted me as to why I kissed that girl. I told her that the girl wanted me to kiss her so I did. But she was very curious about the kiss and kept asking questions that made me feel very uncomfortable, I tried to go away from there but she caught my hand.

" How many times have you kissed? " She asked another question and I didn't know what to say. So I tried to leave again but she was still holding my hand.