Chapter 97

Mehul's POV

What happened here just now??

What the hell was going on??

I was so happy a few minutes ago, and then I felt that my world turned upside down all of a sudden.

I was shocked to hear that my daughter, my princess was already married. My princess, my favorite child got married without even telling me.

Why?

Did she get married without telling anyone in the family??

Did Megha come to know about it before she got married or after??

She seems to be very cool and happy about it. Even Rahul and Priya were not shocked, not even surprised by the news.

Why didn't Manik or Mihir react when Megha announced that Mahi and Ron were already married? I could understand that Manik could have a soft corner for Ron, but Mihir and Ron never got along very well.

Why didn't he react at all?

Did everyone know about the wedding?

Did they all attend their wedding??

Why did they have to get married like that? What was the emergency??

Why didn't anyone bother to inform me about it... Let alone bother to let me be present there for the wedding?

What the hell is going on?? Even Rahul and Priya looked pleased as if they already knew it, so why didn't anyone talk to me about it??

People were coming to congratulate us and I didn't know how to react, just gave a fake smile that was making me feel like crying. Why did she have to marry like this and my family literally ignored me, my princess got married without me doing kanyadan. How could they deny me my rights?

My mind was going numb and I could not pretend to stand here being happy that my daughter got married in secret. A few relatives taunted us that why didn't we tell them earlier as they could have attended their court marriage. And some even asked me why they opted for a legal wedding all of a sudden.

How could I reply to them or invite them beforehand when I didn't know about it?

Most of the guests had already left after having food. Only some very close friends were left there and I could not face questions in their eyes though I knew they would never ask me anything to hurt me deliberately.

I excused myself and went to my room, locked it, and could not help but smash a few things... I wanted to break everything... I wanted to tell, scream, and cry.

My daughter, my princess whom I loved the most out of my children, got married without even talking to me...

I threw or smashed almost everything in the room on the floor and then I picked up two big fat pillows, pressed my face in them, and screamed.

After about 30 minutes, someone knocked on the door. I didn't want to talk to anyone.

" Dad!! Dad, please open the door." Mihir said but ignored him.

" Dad, open the door, "  His voice seemed tense.

" Mihir, go and enjoy your party,  I have a headache, and I need to take some rest..."

" Dad, you need to come, it is urgent," he said.

" I don't want to come, you all are old enough now and don't need me anymore. So learn to tackle everything without me. " I replied bluntly.