Chapter 103

Mehul's POV 
A few hours before Mihir's engagement...

It was a beautiful day as my son was getting engaged to the girl he liked and he was very happy.

There were so many people working in the house and all the servants were supervising the work. Everything had started to look perfect for a party and the credit goes to my beautiful wife, Megha. But where was she? I wanted to spend some time with her to flirt,  and the main reason was that I wanted to discuss something very important with her... I had thought of something and wanted to ask her opinion about it. But she has been so busy since I got up today.

I tried talking to her or Mahi but both of them were not at home, in fact, no one was at home. I called her number and she said that Mahi and she were at the salon to get ready for the function.

Oh, God!! Why do they need to go to a salon to get ready? Both my daughter and wife were so pretty that they looked beautiful even in their sleep. Now I will have to be on my toes to keep men and boys away from them.

******

During the engagement party...

I was so happy to see that the engagement ceremony went very smoothly and the kids were very happy. Gautam and I were related to each other now, as our children were going to spend the rest of their lives with each other, we were one big family. I liked that feeling. I was enjoying the party and was flirting with my wife openly as I was in a good mood.

Since I was in a good mood, I wanted everyone to be happy around me, especially my family... I was feeling very guilty looking at the Manik.

He looked so heartbroken because we had to send Roshni away till she completed her education. We had a detailed talk with our attorney and he suggested that the only way was to send her away to complete her education before she started her married life, to fulfill the clause in the will.

We had no other option but to follow the instructions... But Manik has been very upset with us since then and was avoiding talking to Mudit Bhai and me because he thought that we punished him for jilting Myra at the Altar. But it was not like that, how could we punish him for that, it was our fault that we arranged that surprise engagement for him because Viren made us believe that Manik and Myra loved each other. We wanted to cheer him up with that surprise party. Anyway... I had thought of my options for the eligible bachelor for Mahi.

Bhai had suggested Aarav's name as his dad had asked Bhai about it and Bhai liked the idea immediately.

But I refused him at that time because I knew that Mahi felt very strongly about Ron. My dad had betrothed Megha and me when we were children and only I knew how I hated Megha and my dad for that. Everyone has some image of their spouse and according to me, Everyone should have a right to choose his/her life partner. I talked to Bhai and he was okay with it, but when she went to the USA for studies Aarav and Mahi became very good friends, and Bhai suggested me to think about Aarav once again.

Aarav was a nice boy, but of course, I had known Ron for all his life and I think that he was the better option for my daughter as they loved each other and he was Rahul and Priya's son. I trusted Rahul more than anyone in the world and knew that he and his family would take very good care of Mahi and would treat her as I treated her with utmost love. I was sure that no one could ever love my daughter as Ron did.

I know that I behaved like an idiot in the past, I got very scared and insecure when my 12-year-old daughter Mahi told us that she was going to marry Ron when she grew up. I got annoyed at the moment as she was just 12, just a child, I just shook at the thought of her going away after getting married to him and leaving my home.

No!! I could not bear it. Though I liked him a lot, especially, after he saved Mahi, I got very jealous of him, all of a sudden. I was her hero before that incident as a dad usually is for his kids but after that incident, he became the superhero for my daughter.

She was getting too attached to him and it scared me. I knew that she would never understand if I told her to forget about Ron as she was too young to think like that.

Even that day she had become very angry with me and told me boldly that she would never talk to me if I ever even scolded him. She was my princess and I had always pampered her more than Manik and Mihir. I knew she was very stubborn and would do exactly that. But I thought that since Ron was 17 years old, he would understand my point of view. I was not against him but I wanted to control my daughter's increasing obsession for him.

I got him alone and asked him to come with me as I wanted to talk to him. I tried to make him understand that he should stay away from Mahi under any conditions. I knew he was a nice boy and would do as I said. So I talked to him, but somehow, somewhere I could see that he liked her too.

Though he agreed to stay away from Mahi, he seemed to be reluctant to do so... I could see that he was getting affected by her hero-worshiping him.  So out of desperation, I threatened to break all ties with his family. Of course, I would not have done that at any cost, I loved Rahul as much as I loved my brother. I couldn't even imagine my life without Rahul in it. I was even attached to Priya as she has always been like a younger sister to me and Rahul also felt the same for us. Moreover, Manik, Raj, and Ron have been friends since the day they were born. I could not even think of breaking the ties between our families.

But at that moment I could only think of stopping them from getting more involved with each other. They were too young to fall in love... So I said what I thought could stop at least Ron from going ahead in that relationship.

I was surprised to see that he stuck to his promise and stayed away from her but Mahi's obsession was still increasing for him and I knew that she was too stubborn to stop before she would convince him to give in and accept her love, and I didn't want that.

Ron seemed to have turned into a casanova in those 5 years as I heard how Viren, Shaurya, and Ron were the playboys out of the seven friends which disappointed me and I didn't want him to even think about my daughter now.

How could I approve a playboy for my daughter? I don't think any father would find or approve such a man for his daughter. So I was even more desperate now to keep him away from Mahi.

On Manik's 23rd birthday, we all went to  Surat, and saw him ogling at her my blood started to boil, I could not let a man like him, who changed girls like clothes, be a part of my daughter's life and break her heart one day. So I gave him a warning to stay away from Mahi. That day he argued a bit saying that he was not a Playboy. But I didn't believe him, how could I, everyone knew he was a playboy.

After about a few days, we had a party at our home and that day I lost my mind when I got a big Manila envelope when I opened it, I literally saw red. It was a picture of both of them kissing while both were wearing swimwear. I literally wanted to beat Ron to a pulp... So I called Mahi's friend to ask about the picture as I was sure, she would have known everything that was going on between them.

Mahi's best friend came and I was shocked at what she said...

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Good morning friends 🌞

Here is my today's chapter I hope you liked it please let me know.

Please vote, comment, share and follow.

Take care of yourself and have a nice day.

Thanks
Chhavi ❤️❤️❤️