Chapter 26

Mahi's POV

My dad was angry with Ron. I didn't want him to scold or beat Ron. I had to stop him, I could not let Dad hurt him.

I opened the door and went in.
" Dad, please don't say anything to him, I love him. Or I will not talk to you. "  I said and tears started flowing from my eyes. He closed his eyes and hugged me.

" I won't, don't cry, baby. "  He said hugging me.

" Promise?" I asked.

" Yes! " He said.

" And you will let me marry him?"  I asked looking at him hoping that he would agree to it as well.

" You are only 12, too young to think about all that. We will talk about it after 10-12 years. I can't think of you getting married to anyone for now. I can't live without you, baby. " He hugged me very tightly.

" You are not angry with him? "  I was so worried about Ron after I heard my dad's views about him.

" No, beta, he saved your life, we can't be angry with him. " Mom assured me.

" But Dad was angry with him, I heard everything. "  I said crying.

" Oh, you know how much he loves you, he got upset with the thought that you will go away leaving us. "  Mom tried to explain.

" No, Dad, I will tell him that I will live with you. You or Mom convince his parents. But don't be mad at him, or I will not talk to you. " I asked looking at him for confirmation. 

" If after 10-12 years, you still feel the same for him, we will think about it," he said, I hugged him, and he patted my back.

My mom, considering my age and understanding the nature of teenage crushes, didn't take my words seriously. She smiled and made my dad believe that it was just a typical childhood infatuation that would likely pass with time.

But that didn't happen...

As the days turned into weeks, the weeks into months, and months into year, I found myself inexorably drawn to him, still following his every move with unwavering dedication.

Our families were members of the most Elite sports club.
Though I was not interested in sports, I started going there with my brothers, because Ron used to come there daily for swimming and playing. I loved watching him and my brothers play.

Whether he was participating in sports events, pursuing his hobbies, or simply going about his daily life, I found myself drawn to his magnetic presence, enchanted by his every move.

My infatuation was getting deeper day by day and I  was willing to go to great lengths to impress him, even learning to cook his favorite dishes with the help of my mom. He was a foodie like my brothers, so I found out what he liked to eat and I told my mom that I wanted to learn how to cook.

She was surprised as I was young, but she agreed and I learned to cook those dishes at the age of 13 years with the help of my mom who was a fabulous cook.

My mom didn't know that I was learning to cook those things which he loved to eat. I even served them to all of them saying that I made it. My brothers went crazy when I cooked for them. They were very excited and hugged me very tightly and kept singing praises even when I knew that the dish didn't taste as good as they said.

Ron and Raj also smiled and thanked me when the cook served the cookies that I made. I even baked a special cake for him and waited for him to come home so that I could make him eat the cake. But that day, Ron didn't come to our home to play as all of them went to Sujal's home. I felt very bad and was disappointed.