Chapter 18

Ron's POV

I reached Sahni's mansion. There were so many people there and everyone looked very tense.  I told them to wait for some time and they will get the solution because I knew Raj would never let me marry Myra.

After about 15 minutes, Raj stepped into the living room, everyone turned to look at him. 

Mom and Chachi rushed to him and they went to a vacant room.

I knew I had to talk to him so I went in.

" So, what is your decision? " I asked bluntly.

" No! "

" Then why have you come here? Should have stayed at your hiding place. " I said.

"  Just, shut up!! I came here to stop you from doing anything stupid. " I said.  I asked Mom and Chachi to leave us alone for five minutes and get ready for marriage, their son was getting married. They were confused as Raj was not ready.

" How can you marry her? "  Raj asked as soon as they left.

" Why can't I do that?? She is smart, elegant, beautiful, and one of the hottest girls, I know. Who would say no to such a girl?? Imagine I will have her in my bed every night. " I said to instigate him.

"Ron!! Enough! " He punched me.

" What is your problem?? You don't want her?? So I can have her. " I said raising my eyebrow.

" Ron, at least you try and understand... She broke my heart and chose Manik over me. " He pleaded.

" Though she is ten on ten in beauty, I must say, she is more childish and stubborn than Ruhan or Roshni. But let me assure you, she likes you more than she liked Manik. "  I said to convince him.

" Then why did she choose him? " He argued and I tried to make him understand that he was burning for her. But he was not ready to understand.

" Idiot!! If you don't want her then why are you getting possessive about her?? Let's go out and get you ready for the wedding. " I said and pulled him out.

He came out without further arguments and I knew he had agreed. I knew that I had no right to force him but I knew he was crazy about her.

" Mom, Raj is ready to get married to Myra, at the scheduled time. "  I said and everyone looked happy.

My dad and chachu asked him if he was sure and he nodded.

Everyone in Myra's family asked him if he was ready for the wedding.

" I am under no pressure, you know I had agreed to get married to her," he said and Viren rushed to him and hugged him very tightly.

" Thanks a lot. " He said. And they all started preparing for the ceremony.

Dad, chachu, and I made all the arrangements to get our mansion decorated for the wedding and they called some important local relatives at the last hour. It was a bit awkward but at least Raj was getting married to the girl he loved.

Mohit uncle arranged his wedding outfit and the pretty women of my family got busy with some preparations for the reception and welcome of the bride.

I told them to get ready as it was the first marriage of our family in this generation, and I will make all the arrangements in no time.

Dad, chachu, Ruhan, and I distributed the work according to our capabilities and I told Dad to delegate his work to me as well as they had to invite guests. I arranged for the gifts, sweets, post wedding ceremonies and got Raj's room decorated.

I was running from here to there,  doing four to five things at a time so that we could make the last time arrangements. I didn't want any stone unturned so poured in all my efforts and energy in making arrangements. Even Sujoy uncle and Mohit uncle also helped us in making arrangements.

Once I ordered everything and made arrangements, I changed and reached the wedding of my brother, Raj.

I joined the Barat, and Mom and Dad were relaxed to see that I had come because they were feeling guilty that I was working and missing his wedding. I assured them that everything was done.

We all were on the stage with Raj. Soon Roohi, Ruhan, Saanjh, and all our cousins also joined us.

Raj was surrounded by many guests when the music changed and bride was coming... everybody turned their faces to look in that direction.

I could see that Raj's heart skipped a beat or two when he saw her coming towards him.
Ruhan hit Raj with his elbow and he winced. Raj glared at him but he was smirking.

She reached the stage, and I pushed Raj in her direction and told him to help her. He extended his hand toward her and she placed her hand on his and he helped her to climb on the steps which were tricky with her very heavy dress. 

Roohi and Saanjh came with two platters with garland on them and Viren picked up the garland and gave it to Myra.

They were standing in front of each other for Varmala (exchanging garlands).

After all the rituals they finally got married and after dinner, everyone in her family became very emotional as it was time for us to leave.

I left early with Chachi to arrange for their welcome. Chachi was impressed that I had arranged everything.

Mom and Chachi did all the rituals like Griha Pravesh (the bride entering the groom's home for the first time). Myra immersed her feet in a platter filled with red-colored liquid and then she walked into our home leaving red foot marks behind.

All the arrangements for the rituals were done but Raj was very upset and irritated to play those fun games played with the bride and groom. He got up to go to his room saying that he has a severe headache.

I said that it must be due to fatigue but he shouted at me, "No!! It is not fatigue... It is you, who gave me this headache."

I caught his hand and pulled him to the study as it was soundproof.

" Tell me, what is your problem now?? " I asked once I closed the door.

He was very angry with me for forcing him to get married to Myra. But I knew that she was the salve for the wounds he was having since that night in Surat when he came to know that she was Manik's girlfriend.

I knew he would not be able to live a happy life without her. He was angry with me and I would tolerate his wrath but could not let him burn. I decided to bring them together by hook or by crook.

Who could know my twin more than me, I knew very well which buttons to push to make him realize that he loved her and was extremely possessive about her, and would get jealous of anyone who would marry her.

I told him to back out if he doesn't want her, and I would take her full responsibility. And he went to his room glaring at me and muttering something.

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Good morning 🌞

Here is my today's chapter I know you have read it. But it's Ron's brother's wedding, it has to be shown and as it is I have already written the chapters till 37 so I can't change it. All I can say is that scenes Raj's  story is not included here. Only what happened in Ron's life till he reached those scenes where Mahi comes to his place.

Have a nice day.

Thanks
Chhavi.