Chapter 53

Ron's POV

How would it feel to caress and kiss every inch of her body??

"I love you too, Ron!! Kiss me if you want to... I permitted you years ago," her words hung in the air, drawing me in. Opening my eyes, I struggled to focus. My eyes were stinging, and when I looked at her, she met me with an affectionate smile, her smile beckoning me to cross the boundaries I had set for us. Leaning in, I savored the softness of her lips in a kiss that felt achingly right.

Every sensation felt heightened, and I surrendered to the intoxicating dream-like haze. At that moment, I wanted nothing more than for the dream to continue indefinitely.

Her presence in my bed was a surprise to both of us. I knew it wasn't right, and yet I couldn't let her go. My grip tightened as I surrendered in front of my emotions. I should have stopped immediately, but I couldn't bring myself to move away as I thought it was just a dream and I held her.

It was a dream-like state, something I didn't want to end. But in the next instant, as if a jolt of cold water splashed over me, her voice broke through the fantasy and reality hit me very hard. It was not a dream... she was there in bed with me. I broke the kiss.

" Mahi??? What the hell!! What are you doing here? Am I dreaming?" I blinked, scanning my surroundings in disbelief, it was an unfamiliar room.

"No! You are not. I am here as It is... my room," she explained, her voice a mix of bewilderment and assertion.

My thoughts were a jumble, my heart pounding in my chest. I held her, torn between the right thing to do and the intensity of my feelings. It felt right being this close, yet I knew it was a line I shouldn't cross, I had to regain control.

Shame and realization hit me like a freight train. I stumbled out of bed, hastily grabbing my clothes and dressing as swiftly as I could, as I was wearing only my shorts. My mind raced to process the truth—I had blundered into the wrong room, and what I thought was an illicit dream was actually a shocking reality.

Embarrassment flooded my veins, and I avoided her gaze, my face burning with humiliation. The earlier haze of desire was replaced with a stark clarity that forced me to stop all that.

What was I doing? Why was I here?

Oh, God!! What was I thinking and doing?? She is too young... And these actions and thoughts were inappropriate. She deserved better than my wandering mind.

"What nonsense!! I... you can't be here. Where is Raj? He was sleeping here?" I asked.

"I am in my room," she said, her voice trembling slightly. Then she told me that I was supposed to go to the first room on the left side while I took the right.

"Oh, I am sorry, I didn't realize it, as I was drunk, I thought Raj was sleeping on the other side. Sorry," I said, looking at her, she was still in bed. And I was there with her just a few moments back. And I realized that even she was not wearing much, just a top and shorts. She must have realized that too because I was ogling her,  as she pulled the quilt up to her neck.

Oh, God!! Have mercy on me, she is barely  18 and I was about to... how would I show my face to Manik, this should not have happened, not like this, not when she is so young and vulnerable, being in love with me. I had led her on how I would go ahead from here and the thing which bothered me even more was how would I stay away from her now. 

"That's fine!! But were you saying and doing all this to Raj?" She asked me but I couldn't understand what did she mean to ask.

"What... all that??" I asked hesitantly. Wearing my clothes as fast as I could, embarrassed at what I did, I could not even face her.