Chapter 22

Ron's POV 

" I am sorry to say this, but this is not right. They loved each other and wanted to be together. That engagement and marriage were fixed in haste. I am really sorry again, but no one asked him before fixing anything. So why should he be punished for this? And I feel for Roshni as well. I consider her my sister. It was not fair to her as well. " I said because I could not contain my frustration.

I happened to look at Mahi and for the first time after years, I saw her looking at me without any angry look on her face. In fact, she looked surprised.

" For a change, I agree with him. Bhai was not at fault. Both of them are being punished for what? Being in love?? I didn't expect this from all of you. He is too sweet that he is taking this punishment, I would have revolted. " Mihir said. Mahi nodded standing beside him.

"  Same here. " I nodded and said. But mom changed the topic for good. Mihir was their son and could say whatever he wanted to his dad, but uncle was already annoyed with me, and saying more, could offend him more, and even dad would not have liked me talking like that to his best friend.

I really felt very bad for Manik and thought of meeting him soon as he must be feeling very alone.

Mom reminded Aunty that she had promised to redesign our rooms.

Oh, yes, it was an interesting topic.

" Yes, I remember that you asked me to do it for their rooms and Raj's room on priority as you were planning to get him married. And I told you that  Mahi and I will do it after Manik's wedding. " Megha Aunty said.

" See Raj's room is just like a bachelor's room. Now that it is Myra's room as well, the interior should be according to both of their requirements. More storage space so that Myra has enough space to keep her stuff comfortably. " Mom said

" Hmmm, actually I am still stuck with a big hotel project but Mahi has already thought of
a few themes,  please see them and select the ones they all like," Aunty said.

"Mahi will do all that?? Wow! When did she grow up?? " Dad said with a big surprised smile.

Mahi blushed beautifully hearing that and my heart started beating faster. I loved to see her like that.

" Oh, c'mon Rahul, she is as old as  Ruhan. " Mom said.

" Yes, Rahul Bhai, she has completed her degree in interiors with a distinction, in fact, topped the university. She is very good at it. And I can always guide her. She also joined my business yesterday and will take care of my showroom. "  Aunty said with a proud smile.

" Great!!!" Dad said with an appreciating smile.

"  You remember, Megha, your first project was given by me, now I want our Mahi to do the interiors of all the children and my office and showroom for her first project. " Mom said, Aunty and Mahi nodded with a smile.

" Ron, since she is coming to her showroom every day now, show her our showroom and tell her our requirements so that she knows them while she plans for the interiors and makes her suggestions. "  Mom said to me.

I was happy as hell on the opportunity and nodded though it hurt me to see that Mahi looked a bit uncomfortable all of a sudden.

But at least, I will get to spend some time with her and I will make use of this opportunity to clear everything because it hurt me to see that she hated me. And my heart was in trouble as I was getting attracted to her more and more with every passing day ever since that morning in Surat  haveli after she came back from USA after completing her education.