Chapter 16

Ron's POV

Her hair felt so soft that I wanted to bury all my fingers in them to feel the softness and enjoy the fresh fragrance coming out of them.

" You don't need to do this. " She said, in a faint husky voice.

" I don't mind helping you. "  I bent and whispered near her ear. I swear that I had to use every ounce of self-control to resist kissing her neck and nibbling her ear. My lips went very close to her silky smooth skin but I controlled myself when only a paper could pass through us.

Shit!!

" Please, back off. " She said in a husky voice, I knew she was getting affected more than I was at the moment.  But I had to control myself if I had to win her.

" What if I don't? I am enjoying every moment and so are you. "  I said.

" Rubbish!! I am not at all affected  by you or anyone that way." She said firmly.

" Oh, come on my ice princess, you are melting. " I said.

" Only in your dreams. "She said.

" My dreams... Do you wonder what or who I dream about? How are you so sure that I dream about you and do something to make you melt in my arms? Do you get such dreams? " I said with a teasing smile and she got angry all of a sudden.

" Don't waste your precious time with me, there are many girls out there. Go and see if some damsel in distress need help, be their knight in shining Armor. I can help myself." She retorted. 

I was a bit hurt by what she said, but I deserved it. She tried to move away but I caught her shoulders to keep her there.

" There is no one here who doesn't have mehandi on hands, except me. So let me do it. You do need my help. "  I said and slid her tied hair aside to secure her stole properly and felt her shiver when my hand caressed her shoulder and back while tucking it with safety pins.

" Ranveer!! "

" Ron! "

" Ranveer... "

" Ron!! Please, I liked it the way you used to call me Ron. "  I said.

" Forget it, you are older than me, a friend of my elder brother, I should call you bha... "  She was saying.

" Don't you dare... "  I said knowing she was annoyed and will call me as bhai to make me mad.

She rarely called anyone that except her brothers then why was she doing it with me of all the people?

" Leave me!! Or I will... "  She said.

" Call me Bhai and see what I do. Don't take it lightly, I am not your brother and would never be. You have been avoiding, ignoring, and insulting me for a long time, I didn't react, because I know, I made a mistake in our past, but I dare you to do this and you will see another side of mine. " I said looking into her eyes.

" Leave me!! " She glared at me.

" Not before I help you. " I said and secured her stole properly.

" See I did it for you. It was not a problem at all. "

" Thanks, but let me tell you, I don't seek your help or attention anymore, so go and find someone else who finds you irresistible. "  She said.

" I don't want to find anyone else. I found the one I want. And once upon a time, I was irresistible to you. " I said holding her.

" It doesn't matter to me what you want. I don't care about you now. And let me clear one thing that I don't have that stupid crush on you anymore. "  She said.

" Stupid? " I asked raising one of my eyebrows.

" Yes, I was stupid to have a crush on someone like you. I wasted so many years on you. But, thank God, I came to my senses well in time. So, stay away! "  She said and walked away. 

"Mahi!!! " I called her name but she didn't stop.

Mahi's POV

" I was stupid to have a crush on someone like you. I wasted so many years on you. But, thank God, I came to my senses. So, stay away! "  I said and walked away. 

What is wrong with this man??

Why doesn't he ever do what I want him to do??

When I wanted him, he kept his distance, and now when I don't want anything to do with him, he is following me all the time.

I felt my breath hitch as his touch ignited a spark within me. My mind raced, battling against my heart's desire to surrender to the intoxicating connection that still existed between them.

However, I tried, but couldn't deny the way my pulse quickened just by the memories that flooded my mind.

He slid my hair aside and I felt tingles in my body and some kind of fluttering in my belly. He was standing right behind me, my back almost touched his front.

Then he bent, I could not even breathe when his lips came closer and whispered in my ear. His warm breath caressed my bare skin leaving a weird effect, I was feeling weird things.

The feel of his warm breath against my neck and ear was driving me mad.  I was getting confused if I wanted him to stay like that or move away. I felt that if he stayed there for any longer, I might lean into him.

No, I will not do it. I need to move away.

In an attempt to resist Ron's advances, I mustered all my strength and pulled myself away,  I didn't want him to see vulnerability in my eyes.

I wanted to run away from there but could not, my foot were rooted there.

I tried telling him to back off firmly but I could not find my voice and when I did, a sound came out that seemed to be like a plea. How could I let him come so close to me?

He wanted me to call him Ron, as I used to do it years ago but I would not do what he wanted, I didn't want to recall anything at least, while he was standing in front of me, so decided to divert his mind and remind him that he was much older than me.

But he became so annoyed as if I had cursed him, and he even threatened me that I will have to face the consequences if I dare to call him bhai. But we gujrati, call every man as bhai. But I was really scared to see him so angry.

Mercifully, he backed away and I managed to leave. I joined others and got my Mehandi design corrected which got a bit spoilt earlier, he changed into bhai's shirt and joined others while I went to my room as he was still here because my mom didn't let him go.

So it was better if I stay here till he is at our place. I wanted to cry because of the way I reacted when he was so close to me.

How could I even get confused? He is Ron, the playboy, I can't go on that track again. I can't feel anything for him.

I really wanted to cry,  but I would not, as he is not worth it.

I would not cry... No!!

But a few tears rolled out of my eyes.

I wiped them with my arm and went out of my room. I didn't want to be alone. So I joined my friends ignoring a burning gaze on me.

I could feel those eyes on me for as long as he stayed but I ignored him as if he was non-existent in our home and my life.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Good morning 🌄🌞

Here is my today's chapter I hope you liked it please let me know.

Please vote, comment, share and follow.

Take good care of yourself and have a nice day.

Thanks
Chhavi ❤️❤️❤️