Chapter 24

Mahi's POV

I came back home with Mihir and went to my room.

Oh, God, why are you allowing him to come near me? Please, keep him away from me. I don't want to go through that pain again.

Flash back ...

I still remember that vacation in Surat about 10 years ago. We all had gone to Surat and Dad asked Rahul uncle and his family to accompany us. I was 12 years old at that time.

It was a sunny afternoon, the golden rays of the sun cast their warm glow over our majestic high-rise haveli, standing tall amidst a vibrant garden. The haveli's rooftop offered a breathtaking view of the lush greenery below, that was enticing me to admire its beauty.

I was standing on the edge of the rooftop, leaning forward to catch a better glimpse of the enchanting garden. I was always fascinated with beautiful gardens just like my mom.

My eyes were fixed on the picturesque garden below. It was a sanctuary where my brothers, his friends, my dad, and Rahul uncle were engaged in playful games and laughter, their youthful energy filling the air. I reveled in the joyous scene, leaning more on the edge.

I was immersed in the mesmerizing scenery, captivated by the colorful blooms and the gentle rustling of leaves.

Lost in the contagious mirth, I leaned a little too far, unaware of the danger, and enjoying myself.

Fate had other plans for me that day. As I leaned further, my foot slipped on the tile and the railing was somehow loose there, causing my heart to race with fear.

As my foot slipped, panic seized my body, and I literally felt the world turn upside down.

Time seemed to slow down as my body tipped over the edge, and a piercing scream escaped my lips, echoing through the tranquil surroundings.

I was going to die or be crippled for the rest of my life. I was too scared and was screaming at the top of my voice.

Suddenly, as if conjured by my desperate plea, someone emerged from the midst of the boys and men playing there.

In the blink of an eye, a figure emerged, reacting with incredible speed and precision.

All I could recall was how I cried with fear and urgency. The sound of rushing wind mixed with my terrified cries filled the air as gravity pulled me downward.

I was falling and in a testament to his strength and bravery, he managed to intercept my fall and caught me in his arms. His arms were wrapping around my fragile form, creating a barrier between me and the unforgiving ground below.

Oh, thank God!!

I was so scared that the moment I felt strong arms under my body. We both fell on the ground due to the impact and I hugged him with relief, a wave of relief washed over us both. I almost cried with relief and hugged him tight and cried again. Because if he had not caught me I would have died or broken many bones.

My trembling body gradually steadied, and I found my voice once again. Expressing my heartfelt gratitude, I thanked him profusely, my words tinged with a newfound admiration and adoration.

He just smiled and asked me if I was alright. I nodded and asked him the same question, he smiled and nodded.

I gazed up at my savior, taking in his firm and protective embrace, overwhelmed by the realization that my life had been spared.