Chapter 48

Mahi's POV

We reached home and though I was not cryi ng at that time Dad could see that I was off-color.

" What happened? Your eyes are red. How was the party? " Dad wrapped his arm around me.

" Nothing Dad, the party was good but the music was too loud at the party, I have started to have a headache, I want to sleep now. " I said.

" Sure, go and sleep. " Dad said.

Mom must have been in her room but I didn't want to meet anyone at the moment.

I went to my room and recalled every effort that I had taken for him to notice me. But it was enough now.

And then I thought about the question Mihir asked... who could have done that?

How come those cards and diaries were pinned on the noticeboard?? I gave the box to Ron to tell him my feelings.

Who else could have done that, I gave my treasure box to him so that he could know how deep and pure my feelings were, how could he display that for everyone to see?

But why did he do this?

Somehow my heart was not ready to believe that he could do such a thing but who else could do it? Only he and my friend knew about the box, but I told him to take it. Only he could have done this since only he had access to the box.

Maybe as Mihir said that a playboy like him gets a kick in showing off that someone was so crazy about him that she did not even bother about taking a risk of her life, just to get him to notice her.

Yes, it could be possible, that he displayed it to show off. I was feeling so humiliated in school. All the girls were laughing at me how could I even think that Ranveer can ever fall in love with her? He was her brother's friend, so was friendly with her as well, but that doesn't that he would fall for her. Boys were also looking at me in a weird way that I was foolish to be going after him when so many other boys had tried to be with me.

I thought of everything that happened till now and I was already so hurt and humiliated after last night and what happened today was almost like a nightmare that will keep haunting me forever.

Enough of all that stupid behavior of mine. Now I wanted to put a full stop to it forever.

So I made my decision and I was going to act upon it.

I kept thinking about all that and didn't know when I slipped into slumber.

*********

After getting ready, I went downstairs to meet my parents and tell them about my decision.

" Good morning, princess!! " Dad said and I greeted both of them. Mom asked me about the party. I told her it was good.

" Dad, I thought of your suggestion about going to the USA and I think it is a good idea. I want to go and study there. " I said.

" Really? But you were totally against it. " Dad looked very surprised but pleased with what I said.

" I gave it a second thought and then realized that you would not have suggested it if it was not the best option for me. " I said and he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head.

" Of course, my child, you know, that you are my favorite and I can't live without you, I would never have given that punishment to myself of living without you if it was not the best option for you. I will make arrangements for you to go there. Bhai and Bhabhi will be elated to know that you will stay with them now. " He looked happy. But Mom was looking at me with surprise.

" Mahi beta, are you sure, you want to go to the USA for studies? " She asked.

" Yes, Mom!! " I replied.

" Is everything alright?? " She asked again.

No, Mom!! Nothing is right. But I don't want to talk about it.

" Why do you think there could be anything wrong, Megha?? I am happy that she is ready to go to the USA. " Dad said.

" Will you please let me talk to her?? I am asking her. " Mom replied to Dad.

" Yes, Mom, everything is fine. " I replied.

" But you wanted to... " She was saying but Dad interrupted her.

" It doesn't matter what she wanted as a child. She is a big girl now, so support her. " He said.

" Mehul, for god's sake, shut up! I need to talk to her. " Mom said glaring at Dad.

" Mahi? Tell me. " Mom said.

" As Dad said, I have grown up... And I really want to go there, Mom. " I said showing some excitement.

" Okay! If you have taken this decision on your own, then I am fine with it. " She said and we all had breakfast once both my brothers also joined us for breakfast.

*********

Ruhan called me many times that day but I didn't pick up his call so he came to meet me and I went to my room with him.

There was an awkwardness between us that was never there before yesterday.

" Mahi, I am sorry for what happened..." He said looking embarrassed.

" Ruhan, you have always been a very good friend to me, but please I request you, don't ever talk to me about what happened yesterday evening. I don't want to talk about it. I hope you can understand. "

" I can understand. But please don't avoid me, because of what happened last evening. He is very good, I don't know... I can talk to him. "

" No!!! Ruhan, please, I don't want to talk about him... and I will always be friends with you, but please, I don't ever talk to me about him. That chapter of my life is over now. I loved him for years but now I have crushed my feelings for him and don't feel anything for him now. " I said. He held my hand in his and assured me, though he looked upset.

" Hey, what happened to your hand??" I asked when I saw a bandage on his right hand.

" Oh, nothing... " He shook his head.

" Tell me, we are friends, right? "

" Mom and taiji make such delicious delicacies for us every day so today I thought of making something nice for them as a token of appreciation but I failed miserably, it seems that I didn't inherit even a gram of my mom's culinary skills. On top of that, I got my hand burned. I am a bit ashamed to accept it, but since you are my friend, I will tell you that even a scavenger could not have eaten what managed to cook. " He said shaking his head and making a horrible face that we both burst out laughing. We talked for some more time and then he took his leave.

My dad made all the arrangements and got me admission to the USA. Finally, I went to the USA within 5 days to start my life afresh.

🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️🥺🥺

Good morning friends

Here is my today's chapter I hope you liked it please let me know.

Please vote, comment, share and follow.

Take good care of yourself and have a nice day.

Thanks
Chhavi ❤️❤️❤️