Chapter 3

Ranveer's POV
3 hours back...

I was trying to find my twin, he was hurting since he got to know about the relationship between Manik and Myra. And today, their families were going to throw a surprise engagement party and ceremony for them.

Rajveer was serious about Myra and wanted to get married to her. But now he was upset and vanished from the home so that no one can persuade him to attend that engagement ceremony. He didn't even want to talk about it.

But I was not going to leave that topic so easily. Myra has to face me if not my twin. She can't do this to him. She has to answer me.

I went to the party, everyone was there looking good in ethnic wear. I was surprised to see Roshni and specially Mahi.

I used to think of her as a child but she was getting hotter day by day and at this moment she was looking extremely attractive. She was tall, smart, had a nice toned body, long wavy hair, big and beautiful dark black orbs, and an even complexion.

It would be an understatement if I say that I was shocked as she looked like a live wire and I could not take my eyes off her. I reminded myself that she was Mahi, Manik's sister, and I was not supposed to look at her like that.

But my stubborn mind started arguing that Myra is also Viren's sister but Manik is getting engaged to her. So that doesn't seem to be an impossible thing now.

Shut up!! I said to myself for giving such an argument but I could not get my eyes away from her. After a lot of effort, I shifted my focus to Manik.

I was standing near Manik and realized that he looked upset instead of being happy as he was being engaged to his girlfriend. But he was not at all happy.

But why??

He was looking around as if he was trying to find someone desperately.

But who was he looking for?

Just then he called Mahi and she came running to him.

Damn him!! Why did he have to call her, I had put in so much effort to get my eyes and mind off her and he called her here again.

He asked her to find Roshni.

Roshni?? He was concerned about Roshni?? At this time when he was getting engaged to Myra?

What was going on? He looked very tense and upset and was almost desperate to see Roshni.

Has he mistaken himself for Roshni's dad??

Why?? What was the matter?

Mahi was a bit reluctant to act as Roshni's guardian since her brother was busy, but I was shocked to see that Manik scolded her for that and asked her to enjoy the party, he will go and look for her. 

He scolded her?? Her?

He has always treated her like a princess.

She was shocked as well and apologized to him, looking confused as well, but as she turned to go and find Roshni, her foot tangled in the lehnga and was about to fall when I came in front of her and held her in my arms.

She was shocked and I was surprised at how my heartbeat increased by just taking her in my arms. 

It happened for the third time in my life.

I wanted the time to freeze as I was feeling very good to have her toned yet soft and silky body in my arms. My hand was touching her almost bare back as the blouse of her lehenga had only a few strings at the back. My hands itched to caress her back, but I controlled my urge.