Chapter 78

Ron's POV

" Are you in any relationship or are you single?? " She asked looking into my eyes.

" I am single but committed to someone. " I didn't know what else to say. I had not told anyone about my feelings except Ruhan.

" How committed are you?  I mean, how serious are you about this someone?" She asked another question.

What do I say now??

The truth! My inner voice suggested.

" I will only marry her or will stay single for the rest of my life. I love her and can give away my life for her without any hesitation. "  I said seriously.

" Then why are you single till now? "  she asked.

"There are some issues... some misunderstandings... but I am working on them. "  I replied, and she nodded.

" Do I know that lucky girl??"  She asked.

" Yes! You know her very..... " I was saying when Aunty's phone buzzed once again and she looked at the screen with an annoyed face but the very next moment, she looked pleasantly surprised. She smiled and said, " I need to take this call, but this conversation is not over, son. Goodnight for now. "  She said.

"  Sure! Good night Aunty. " I said and came back.  I was annoyed with the person who called up, as we were discussing something very important. I really wanted to know her reaction, but whoever called at that moment seemed to be important to her.

I got into my car and drove back home.

My heart was racing because of what Aunty asked me and on top of that, I was excited to know that Mahi would be at our home the next day, but then I would also have to be at home and I was thinking of a perfect excuse to take a break from the office.

**********

I reached home whistling the lovely romantic song and saw that everyone was sitting at the dining table. They all turned to look at me. I smiled at them.

Mom asked me to have food. But I  told her, " Mom, I have already had food with the Shah family as I wanted to spend some time with Ma... Manik."  I was shocked as I was about to say Mahi instead of Manik but corrected myself well in time.

When I said that Raj became tensed and he looked at Myra and all of a sudden her smile was gone and she looked upset all of a sudden.

What happened between them now??

Roohi offered me to have laddoo and I was very excited as it was definitely one of the best days of my life in recent years. I had a good time with Mahi and Mom or Chachi had prepared laddoo to make me happier. Just like all of the Kapoor men, I was also crazy about them. Roohi asked Myra to pass the plate to me as I was standing closer to her.

Roohi asked Myra to pass the plate to me as I was standing closer to her.

  But she winced as soon as she picked the platter.

" What happened?? " Raj asked. 

" Nothing!! " She said shaking her head.

But mom told us that she got her right hand burned.

We all got concerned about her, but Raj looked shocked and asked how it happened and we all got to know because she wanted to learn to make laddoos.

Really? She was really making efforts to win Raj's heart.

I showed my concern and asked if she was alright and she dismissed my concern with a smile.

But Raj was already annoyed, " Who told you to cook? It's absolutely OK if you can't." He caught hold of her hand to examine it and asked in a scolding manner. He seemed to be very upset to see her like that.