Chapter 49

Ron's POV.

It was morning and I was ready way before the usual time to go to my office. I was excited to meet Mahi. She got annoyed with me yesterday and was not ready to cut the cake I had ordered. But she had to because my mom insisted.

I was still thinking about what she said about being hurt for so many years. According to her I hurt and humiliated her so much that she wanted to end her life.

When did I humiliate her? Hell, I can't even think of doing such a thing.

But she was absolutely fine till that pool party at Sujal's hotel. Sahaj had thrown a party and Sujal invited all of us.

I could still remember everything that happened on that day. All of us reached there and it was a very good party, the hotel's pool area was transformed into a vibrant and energetic venue, ready to host a memorable gathering for guests with lots of food, perfect ambiance, adorned with colorful decorations, including floating balloons, streamers, and twinkling fairy lights. and lively music,  it had to be, it was organized by Sujal.

The upbeat music playing in the background set the perfect mood for the party. There was a young crowd,  wearing stylish swimwear and bringing their infectious energy with them.

The atmosphere was buzzed with laughter as everyone caught up with friends, boys flirting with girls, flaunting their toned bodies, and girls giggling and batting eyes at some of them, each adding their unique charm to the event.

Sahaj greeted everyone with a warm smile and made sure that they felt welcomed.

I saw that  Sahaj was enthusiastic about introducing people to each other, creating a lively and inclusive environment. Just then I saw Mahi, my heart skipped a beat. She was dressed in a smart but modest dress, she looked so good in it but I was getting tensed about the fact that there were so many boys in the party.

And I really wanted to beat Sahaj and Ruhan for introducing her to many of their friends.

Idiots!!

Why don't they mind their own business?  But I was quite relieved to see that she didn't take any interest in any one of them, she kept brushing off the casual flirting and then she noticed our group.

She had been talking to someone but was looking at us. But as soon as I looked in her direction, she averted her eyes and started paying heed to what that guy was saying.

She removed her top and shorts and I was getting tensed as there were so many boys there, I would have to keep them away from her, and my own heart would not remain in my chest. 

But I saw that her swimsuit was quite modest, though she looked very good in even that. I thanked God for that. I would have gone crazy if she had chosen a revealing or naughty one as most of the girls were wearing. She jumped into the pool and started enjoying the cold crystal-clear water.

The water was shimmering under the evening sky, she was in the pool with Ruhan, Saanjh, and Sahaj.

Just then I saw a boy got a mocktail drink for Mahi.

What the hell!!

Who was he and why was he bothering to get a drink for her?

Mahi, please don't accept the drink, you should not accept any drink like this, anyone could have spiked the drink. I was tensed but she refused to take the drink.

Thank God!!

But that idiot boy, kept insisting and finally, she accepted it and took a few sips of it, she seemed to like it as she had more of it.