Taylor Lautner; It's Not Always Fair

You: "Come on, Jared. We're going to be late, Baby."
Jared: "But mom I can't find my cleats!"
You: "I put them in the car for you already. Practice starts in like ten minutes. We need to go."
Jared slowly walks to the front door. You can see he is on the verge of tears. You stoop down so you can see him eye to eye.

You: "Talk to me."
Jared: "What if the other kids don't like me?"
You had just moved into town two weeks ago after you accepted a promotion at your work. As a single mom, you were really trying to juggle your responsibilities and when Jared had said he wouldn't mind playing baseball, you headed to the local parks and recreation office and signed him up. Luckily the first practice hadn't happened yet and you had time to gather up the supplies he would need. But now that the time was here he was nervous and you felt sorry for him. Moving was not easy to begin with and now being thrust into a new set of people seemed devastating to your eight year old.

You: "Baby, we can't live in fear."
Jared rolls his eyes. " I know, Mom. We'll get no where if we're not willing to make the first step. You say it all the time."
You: "Let's just try it and if you hate it, we'll find something different to try. Deal?"
Jared: "Deal."

You arrive to the ball field and make sure Jared is set with his water, glove, bat, and his shoes are tied nice and tight. You give him a high five and watch as your brave boy walks over to the dug out where there are already about seven boys hanging out.

You position your lawn chair next to the fence so you could watch the field clearly. You told Jared you would stay and watch the entire time, although it seemed that most parents were just dropping kids off and leaving.

You hear the coach in the dug out rallying the boys to get their gloves on and find a partner. You watched as Jared emerged from the dug out with another boy and they found a spot in the outfield to throw a ball around.

You look down to text your mom a picture of Jared and when you look up you see the coach calling the kids to gather at the pitcher's mound

Wow. The coach was hot. And sadly you couldn't see if he was married or not because his left hand was covered by a glove. You watch as he high fives the boy that was tossing the baseball with your son.

Time Skip
You were packing your lawn chair up and looked up to see the couch, a boy, and Jared walking to you. Jared was all smiles which made you smile.

Coach: "You must be Jared's mom." He holds his hand out to shake your hand. "I'm Taylor and this is my son, Gavin."
You take his hand. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Y/N."
You thought the coach was good looking earlier and you definitely thought so now that he was closer to you.
Taylor opens his mouth to say something but then Jared interrupts.
Jared: "Coach Taylor and Gavin asked if we wanted to go get ice cream with them. Can we, Mom? Please."
You smiled and looked to Taylor. "If we aren't intruding that would be wonderful."
Taylor: "The more the merrier."

Time Skip
The boys had long since finished their ice cream and went down into a field to throw a baseball around. You and Taylor watched from the outdoor seating area.

Taylor: "So, what brings your to town?"
You: "Work. I was just promoted to district manager and they wanted me in a more central location."
Taylor: "Ah, I see. Congratulations on the promotion."
You: "Thanks. What about you? Have you lived here your whole life?"
Taylor smiles, "No. I moved here with my wife when we got married. And after she passed I decided to stay."
You: "I'm so sorry for your loss."
Taylor looks at you. "Thank you. It was about six years ago now. She had cancer and we didn't know it. Gavin was only two. I think it's hard for me because I remember her, of course. But it's harder on him because he doesn't and wishes that he did."
You see he is a little emotional and naturally reach over and grab his hand.
You: "I understand." You let a little tear fall. "My husband was in the military and passed about a year after Jared was born while he was overseas. It's not been easy, that's for sure."

Taylor looks at you and squeezes your hand. "Life isn't fair sometimes is it?"
You shake your head and look down at the boys. "But it's when I look at my boy and realize it may not be fair, but I have a good life. If all I have is him, I've got it good."
Taylor agrees.

You and Jared say goodbye to Taylor and Gavin. However, from then on, the boys were inseparable. And that drew you and Taylor closer together. By baseball season the next year you had a ring on your finger.
.................................................................................
As requested by Theamazingwolfo