Taylor Lautner; Flag Football

You were home for the Fourth of July and today was your favorite tradition, family flag football.

You had over fifteen cousins all over the age of 16, 24 being the oldest. You were the second oldest and therefore, got to pick for your team this year. Almost all of your cousins were at the field but one, Caleb.

Caleb was picking up a friend from the airport and coming to play, so you waited on them.

Sadly, just that morning, Ross, 21, broke his toe when he dropped a picnic table on it, so you were happy this year there would be an extra.

You watched as a truck pulled into the field, that must be Caleb. Caleb got out of the passenger seat as you all were warming up. Then the most handsome man you've ever laid eyes on gets out of the passenger side of the truck.

You try to look away without catching his eye or any of your family members. But you were speechless.

Your older cousin Jared, lines everyone up and announces captains for that year, which happened to be you and your next oldest cousin, Ben.

You made note of the best players in current years.

You picked players and your third pick was Caleb's friend, whom he had introduced as Taylor.

Caleb was on the other team

The picking of teams was over and you had to say, the teams were pretty evenly matched this year. You have your dad explain the rules and designate end zones. Flags were passed out and teams were given fifteen minutes to come up with game plans.

Your first pick was Jared because he was good at reading the field and conducting smart plays. Your second pick was Lucy, 17, and a sprinter on the local track team, fast as lightning. You were pumped for the game.

As a general rule the captains played quarter back. That meant you were QB this year.

You practiced some passing plays as well as some running offense. Your parens and aunt and uncles created the wall between the two teams as they practiced. To say the Y/L/Ns took this tradition seriously was an understatement.

You made several observations of Taylor during the fifteen minute practice. He was fast on his feet but graceful. He had great hands for catching. He was an overall athlete. He also had an electric smile and cute laugh, but that was beside the point.

The fifteen minutes were up and the coin was tossed. The timer was set and refs were in position. Flags were secured and everyone was ready to go.

Your team had the ball first and you huddled together.

Time Skip...
You and Jared were dominating. It's like you knew what the other was going to do without ever verbalizing it. Caleb swore you two were cheating. Then Jared took a nasty fall and twisted his ankle, possibly just bruising it. So, you were left to the rest of your team. Jared was still helping call plays from the sidelines and Taylor stepped in.

Time Skip

You and Taylor hit your stride and continuously made bomb plays. Finally after sweating through your clothes and the sun had gone down, the other team called a truce. Taylor approached you.

Taylor: "Hey, Y/N wait up."
He holds his hand up for a high five.
Taylor: "We made a pretty good pair out there."
You: "You're a great player Taylor. We may need to recruit you for these every year."
Caleb overhears this comment.
Caleb: "That would mean he needs to be part of the family and I'm fairly certain I know just the girl to make that happen."
You gape your mouth at that comment. Taylor just laughs.
Taylor: "Well the only way that's going to happen is if I get the chance to take you out. So?"

You couldn't believe it. Here you are sweating profusely, caked in dirt and this gorgeous man asks you out.

You are speechless.

Caleb comes closer.
Caleb: "I would take that as a yes, Taylor."

Lucky for you Taylor attended every flag football game since.