Shawn Mendes; Nervous

You were so excited! You were going to surprise your best friend Shawn, but not in a normal way, this was going to be so much fun. Shawn was telling you the concept of his next song, "Nervous" and what he was envisioning for the music video. You couldn't help but wish that the girl that was getting handsy with him was you. See, you had a crush on Shawn.... and he knew it.

You had told him of your feelings several months ago over Facetime, as you don't see each other often. What you didn't expect was he told you that he liked you too, as more than a friend. You thought it would be the perfect point to start your relationship beyond friends, you were wrong. Shawn then had to get realistic and mention the distance and complications with secretly dating a celebrity. He didn't want to burden you with anymore, as your college finals were coming up. So, you both mutually decided to wait to start anything more than a friendship until one of you could commit to moving towards each other.

That's where this trip comes in, you decided after finals that you would be moving to Toronto. Not into Shawn's house, but into a nearby apartment. You wanted to surprise him with this news, so you decided to contact his manager, Andrew. You were happy to hear his idea and he was getting just as excited for the surprise as you were.

Time Skip

You were going to surprise Shawn by being in his music video for "Nervous." You weren't 100% sure that he was talking about you in the song, but you were excited to finally find out. You were nervous, that's for sure.

Andrew kept you hidden at the studio and had told Shawn that you were too nervous about the shoot and not to talk or look at you. You knew how selfless Shawn was and that he would do as he was told to make the other person feel better. It was going to be perfect.

Andrew came for you about thirty minutes later and led you to the room where Shawn was already set, sitting down facing the opposite direction. Your heart was raising and it took everything in you not to talk to him or run to him. You just wanted to hug him and kiss him, finally. But you kept your cool and walked to his back. You knelt down as instructed and tried not to laugh as you made contact with Shawn. The director moved your hands around and told you what to do.

The shoot was going really well and you were sure enjoying yourself. You could feel Shawn's heart raise or his breath hitch at times when you would touch him seductively or in ways that he really liked. You were sure he would know it was you once he intertwined his fingers with yours, but he didn't.

Then came the line, "You got me acting like I've never done this before

Then came the line, "You got me acting like I've never done this before." He was supposed to grab your hands and look at them like he was confused. He did that, but stopped singing and stared at your hands.

You knew he was figuring it out, so you whispered in his ear

You: "Do I make you nervous, Shawn?"
You then giggle a little.
He quickly swiveled around while saying, "Y/N?"
You finally made eye contact and his cheeks went bright red.
You: "You enjoying yourself? I am."
He smiles and nods. You come closer to him as he is still holding one of your hands.
You: "I don't even get a hug?"
Shawn snaps out of it and pulls you to him. He hugs you for awhile and just sighs deeply.

You pull away to see an expression you weren't expecting, sadness.
You: "Shawn? What's wrong?"
Shawn: "Don't get me wrong, I love that you're here, but now it's going to be really hard to say goodbye."
You: "What if I told you I won't be leaving?"
He brightens up. He looks at you, "What!?"
You: "I've already put my first payment in for an apartment in Toronto." You smile.
Shawn pulls you to him again, "You're not kidding?"
You: "Nope."
Shawn pulls away and grabs both sides of your face.
Shawn: "So does that mean... what I hope it means?"
You: "I don't know, are you going to ask me?"
He smiles wide.
Shawn: "Y/N will you go on a date with me?"
You lean in and he leans in. It was like you couldn't control what was happening, you were urning for his lips to be on yours. Your lips sweetly collided. He pulled you onto his lap as you continued to kiss.

When you pulled away and looked behind Shawn, no one was there. Andrew must have shooed them away for you two.
Shawn started to laugh.
You: "What?"
He looks up at you, still perched on his lap.
Shawn: "You were definitely making me nervous."
You chuckled too.
Shawn: "Oh, and to answer your question earlier, yes. I was enjoying myself."

You continued the shoot after you kissed a few more times. Let's be honest you could kiss him all day long everyday and not get bored of it. The director let you have some free reign from then on out about your hand positions. He decided to redo some shots with the hands after that because he said it was more natural with you after he knew it was you, and you picking the positions. You didn't complain, I mean why would you?

 You didn't complain, I mean why would you?