Matt Daddario; Friends? Part 4

You sat watching Netflix until your parents got back. Matt got off of the recliner after letting go of your hand and took the stairs two at a time. You followed behind him. As you come upstairs, you see Matt taking the grocery bags from your mother's arms.

Matt: "Let me have those. Where do you want them, on the dining room table?"

Mom: "Yes dear that would be great. Thank you."

Your dad walks in with another arm full. You know that neither man is going to let you carry anything, because they know it's something that they can do well. You go ahead to the bags already inside and start unpacking them. Placing the groceries in their proper place. Your mom helps you and pretty soon the four of you are done.

You keep catching Matt looking at you. You give him a smile and look away. You check the time, 8 on the dot. You look outside and see that the sun is just starting to set. You grab a water bottle and a blanket and head out to the back porch with Cody to watch the sunset; they are your favorite.

Your mom peaks her head outside and says that she is turning in early tonight.

Y/N: "Goodnight Mom."

Mom: "Goodnight sweetie."

You mom closes the backdoor. In just a few minutes you hear the backdoor again, this time it's your dad.

Y/N: " Hey. Where's Matt?"

Dad: "He's making a phone call inside on my phone but he'll be out in a minute, I'm sure."

Your dad sits down next to you on the porch step and grabs a tennis ball. Cody's tail started to go crazy as he positioned himself infront of your dad.
Your dad throws the ball across the yard and Cody pounces to get it.

Dad: "Y/N I really like Matt. I think he would be a great fit for you."

Y/N: "Mom seems to like him too."

Dad: "And what do you think? I mean I notice you two smitten at the
dinner table earlier, but it seemed more intense just now in the family room."

Y/N: "Well we have flirted a lot today and while you were gone we watched Netflix and he held my hand. I got this weird feeling when he laughed and held my hand. Like my spine had tiny shocks going through it. I've never felt something like that."

Your dad is now grinning and retrieves the ball from Cody. He continues to throw it.

Dad: "Sweetie, I understand you are confused. He probably is too, but that feeling is magical. I feel it for your mother all of the time."

Y/N: "But what do I do with that? I just met him less than twelve hours ago and I'm already having strong feelings for him?"

Dad: "Y/N look at me. I would normally say that something like this is crazy, but I've witnessed something extraordinary between you two. Something that you can't deny or make up. You don't meet young men like Matt every day. I happen to know that he thinks very highly of you and I wouldn't be afraid to let him know what you think of him."

Your dad kissed your cheek and headed inside, Cody followed him, needing a drink from all of the running. You curl up in the blanket and watch as the stars start to shine in the sky. You move yourself from the steps to the swing on the back deck.

A few minutes later you hear the back door open and look back to see Matt walking your way.

Matt: "Stargazing?"

He comes and sits down next to you on the swing, grabbing the blanket you extend to him and laying it across his lap.

Y/N: "Yep. Stargazing is always a fun way to let your mind wander."

Matt: "Well what is it wandering away from."

Now's your chance.

Y/N: "You."

Matt: Turning his body and looking at you. "Me? What about me?"

Y/N: You take a deep breath and stare up at the sky, not wanting to make eye contact with him as you told him. "Well this morning when I saw you I thought that you were just a cute stranger in need of some assistance. As the day went on I started realizing that you were more than just a cute stranger. Then I learn that you are a genuinely nice person, a chivalrous gentleman, and you aren't afraid of my parents. You brushed your hand on mine at supper and I felt like there were sparks on my skin from where you touched me, I blew it off as infatuation. Then you held my hand downstairs and sent a sensation of belonging straight to my heart. My mom and dad love you, not to mention Cody. It all seems too perfect." You sigh and look at him.

He is staring at you. You can tell that you have just caught him slightly off guard and you clear your throat nervously. You sit for a few minutes looking from your lap to him.

Matt: Suddenly he breaks the silence. "You have a wonderful way with words. I'm sorry I didn't respond right away but I feel like my heart just exploded. You surprised me."

Y/N: "In a good way?"

Matt: "In a very good way. A perfect way. I have been thinking some similar thoughts ever since meeting you. I walked into a beautiful home with a stunning young woman and met her wonderful parents. Got to pet a friendly dog and eat a home-cooked meal. I'm starting to think that hitting that raccoon was the best thing that ever happened to me." He chuckles. "Y/N you have made me feel something that I haven't felt in a long time, belonging. I've dated different girls here and there and you have made me feel more at home in your presence that I ever did with any of them and I've just met you. I actually mentioned it to you dad when you went for a walk. He asked what my intentions were, because he saw the way we looked at each other."

Y/N: "What did you tell him?"

Matt: "I told him that I didn't know. All I knew was that I at the very least wanted to be your friend, but I knew it was more than that. I don't know what came over me in the basement when I grabbed your hand the second time, but it was like magnetic. I couldn't not let myself try again. I understand that this seems to good to be true, but why don't we test that?"

Y/N: "What does that mean?"

Matt: "Y/N Y/L/N will you do me the honor of letting me get to know you better with the intention of dating you?"

Y/N: "And you say I'm wonderful with words.... Yes. I would love to get to know you."

Matt grabs your hand and helps you up from the swing. He grabs the blanket and walks you to the back door.

As you walk toward your bedroom you bask in the comfort of his hand in yours. You reach your bedroom door.

Y/N: "What time do you want to go to the mechanic for your car?"

Matt: "Well, I'm not in any hurry, how does nineish sound?"

Y/N: "That sounds great. Well, goodnight."

You start to let go of his hand but he pulls you in by it giving you an embrace.

Matt: Whispering against your hair. "Goodnight. See you in the morning."

Let's just say you had pleasant dreams.