Tom Welling; Take My Coat

You: "Let's go Taylor!" You screamed and cheered for your little six year old niece.

This was her first soccer game and your sister had an important meeting to go to, so you decided to come and support her. Your brother in law was one of the coaches for the team, but you knew he would be busy coaching and not cheering for just Taylor.

You also didn't have anything going on today. It was your day off from the hospital, so it all worked out. It was kind of a crisp fall afternoon too. You were thankful you threw a blanket in your truck for emergencies, because you had forgotten your coat.

Taylor was so much fun to watch. She seemed to be so focused and loved running up and down the field after the soccer ball.

You were watching the game when one of Taylor's coaches yelled to her that she was doing a good job. You hadn't noticed this coach before, and you weren't sure how exactly. He was rather handsome.

And he was well put together, he had a coat and a coffee

And he was well put together, he had a coat and a coffee. You laughed at your mental processing of what you thought this man was like. Chances were he was 1. Married 2. Not interested 3. Not old enough for you.

You pull your eyes away from the cute coach just in time to see Taylor score a goal! She was so excited she threw both her hands in the air and did a little dance in the middle of the field. You clapped and yelled! She looked to you and smiled.

After the game you walk over to Taylor and her dad on the sideline, carrying your folded up lawn chair and still wrapped in your blanket

After the game you walk over to Taylor and her dad on the sideline, carrying your folded up lawn chair and still wrapped in your blanket. You were sure you looked crazy, but at least you were warm.

Taylor: "Aunt Y/N, did you see my goal?"
You: "Of course, munchkin. You were a little star out there today. Did you have fun?"
Taylor: "Yeah! Dad said we are going for pizza and Mommy is going to meet us there, are you coming?"

You: "Of course I'll come to eat pizza."
Taylor hugs your leg, "Yay!"

She lets go of your leg and bounds over to her dad who was still talking with the handsome coach. You saunter over.

Taylor: "Aunt Y/N is coming to eat pizza too. Are you coming Coach Tom?"

Tom rubs the back of his neck and looks to your brother in law.

Brother in Law: "You should totally come with us, we're meeting Laura over there."

Tom: "Sure, I'd love to come."

Taylor: "Yay! I'll tell Aunt Y/N."

She bounces back to you, as you were still making your way over to them.

Taylor: "Coach Tom is coming too, Aunt Y/N!"
You: "Oh. Who's Coach Tom."
She grabs your pants leg and pulls you over to her dad and the handsome coach.

Brother in Law; "Hey, Y/N. Thanks for coming. Tom, this is my sister in law, Y/N." Y/N this is Tom Welling."

He looks at you and smiles this radiant smile and you can't help but feel your heart skip a beat. In the shuffle of trying to shake your hand, you noticed he didn't have a wedding ring on.

He holds his hand out, "Nice to meet you, Y/N."
You shake his hand, "You as well, Tom."

Brother in Law: "You a little cold there?" He snickers.
You had completely forgotten you looked like a walking burrito with your blanket wrapped around you.

You were a little embarrassed.
You: "Yeah, I, uh forgot my coat."

You see Tom start to unzip his jacket. "Here take mine. That blanket looks like it's hard to walk in."

You try to refuse his offer, but to no avail.

The lunch to follow was just one of many you and Tom would share for years to come.