Daniel Seavey; Emotional Day

You were a first year teacher at an elementary school, 5th grade to be exact. You were also secretly dating Why Don't We's Daniel Seavey, and had been for several months. You were both 23 years old.

You met Daniel through a friend of a friend from LA. You were friends for several years and then decided to be more than that.

You were super happy in the relationship, even though it was long distance. He was constantly on the road and seemed to love it.

You, however, were floundering with your first classroom. The kids were railroading you. They weren't listening and you felt like a failure. You were at home grading papers. Tears were flowing down your cheeks. Daniel started texting you.
Daniel: "Hey."
You: "Hey."
Daniel: "Was your day any better today?"
You: "Not really."
Daniel: "You want to talk about it?"
You: "Yes and no."
Daniel: "I'm Facetiming you."
You: "Ok. I'm attempting to grade papers and cry at the same time. It's not too pretty and you don't do tears."
Daniel: "I can handle it."
You then get a Facetime notification.
You answer it.

He was laying in a bed, looking as pretty as ever. You loved Daniel for a lot of things, but you thoroughly enjoyed his looks. He was a handsome man.

You: "Hey... sniff."
Daniel: "Hey. What happened?"
You tell him about the many incidents of the day.
He just intently listens to your woes.
You: "Dani, I don't know if I can do this anymore. It's not at all what I imagined it to be.... In fact, it's not even close to what I thought it would be."
Daniel sighs.
Daniel: "Honey, it sounds like you need to take a day or two off and recoup. Everyone needs a break now and then, maybe you're just overly stressed and the kids seem to be kicking you while you're down."
You exhale slowly.
You: "You're probably right.... I just hate feeling like.... feeling like I've failed. Like I've disappointed people."
Daniel: "Why would you think that?"
You: "Well the kids told me yesterday that I was known as the mean teacher."
Daniel snickers.
Daniel: "Don't take this the wrong way, Honey, but you realize you're letting fifth graders dictate your self esteem?"
You nod your head.
You: "You're right again. It's hard to explain but I almost feel like I need them to accept me. I need to be liked. However, I don't even like myself right now, let alone them.... They deserve better than that."
Daniel: "Honey, please just take a few days off and relax. Maybe you'll go back in with a better attitude toward it all. You look so tired, Baby. Please.... Take some time for yourself."
You nod your head. "I'll call the principal early tomorrow morning."
He sighs and smiles, closing his eyes.

Daniel: "Good

Daniel: "Good.... I don't know about you, but I'm tired."
You just watch him.
Daniel opens his eyes.
Daniel: "You still there?"
You: "Yeah."
Daniel: "Ok. Everything ok? Feeling any better?"
You: "You always make me feel better."