Shawn Mendes; Worried Fiance

You were awakened in your hotel room to a less than wonderful sound, Shawn getting sick in the restroom. You look to the clock and see it's 5am and sigh. You hop out of bed and walk to the bathroom. You open the door to find your fiance in his boxers, dripping sweat, and leaning against the toilet.

You take a step inside the bathroom and Shawn starts to vomit again into the toilet. You kneel down next to him and rub his back gently.
You: "I'm sorry you're so sick, Honey." you whisper.
He leans back on his heels and takes some deep breathes.
You grab a wash cloth and run it under the sink's cold water. You kneel back down beside him after flushing the toilet, and gently pat his face with the cloth. He shivers.

You: "Baby, you're burning up. How long have you been sick?"
Shawn: "I think I remember looking at the clock at like 3."
He leans his head into your hands.
You: "Do you feel like a bath?"
Shawn: "I think that sounds nice."
You stand up and move around him to the tub. You start the water and let it get to room temperature. You needed this fever to go down.
Shawn: "Please tell me you can work some magic and make me well enough for the show tonight."
You turn around to see him, as you do he gets sick again. This time slightly missing the toilet.

Time Skip
You changed, grabbed your purse and walked out of the room. Shawn had finally stopped puking at 8 this morning. But he was extremely weak. You were on a mission for medicine, fluids, and some crackers.

Time Skip
You arrived back to the room to find Shawn in the bathroom once again, throwing up.
You set your things down quickly and dial Shawn's manager, Andrew.. Andrew picks up at the second ring.
Andrew: "Hey Y/N."
You: "We are in need of your assistance."
Andrew: "I'll be right over."
He was just two doors down in the hotel.
You go unlock the door and wait for him.
Andrew appears.
Andrew: "What's wrong?"
Shawn: "Baby, I need you."
You look at Andrew as if to say, there's your answer. He follows you to the bathroom to find Shawn trying to get off the floor of the bathroom.
Andrew goes to his side.
Andrew: "How long has he been this sick?"
You: "Well he was up at 3 and it was off and on until around 8. I left to get meds at 8:30, and it must have just started again.
Andrew: "Any medicines yet?"
You: "No. That's what I went out for."
Andrew: "Well, I hate to suggest such a thing, but we may need to cancel the show tonight."
Shawn: "No. We are not cancelling."
You: "Baby, you can't even walk unassisted right now."
Shawn: "Take me to the ER get me an IV fluid thingy and I'll be good to go in a few hours."
You look to Andrew.
Andrew looks at you then Shawn.
Andrew: "Let's go to the hospital and see what they say."
Andrew leaves a few moments later as you help Shawn change into some clothes.

Shawn: "I'm sorry." he says in a whisper.
You: "Why are you sorry?"
Shawn: "For making you take care of me."
You tilt his chin up so his eyes meet yours.
You: "Don't ever think that I would want anything less than to take care of my Love."
You kiss his forehead.

Andrew comes back and assists Shawn to the car waiting downstairs. You ride with Shawn in the backseat as Andrew is in the passenger seat talking to the tour manager on the phone.

Time Skip
After five hours in the hospital, Shawn was given the all clear to perform. They did advice him to do a short set and drink plenty of water on stage. You were still nervous though.

Shawn was back to his perky self, but you could see in his eyes that he was still feeing a little run down. You drove straight to the venue. He showered and changed. You hovered over him everywhere, ready to make him sit if you saw any signs of fatigue. He was good at hiding it though.

It was time for Shawn to take the stage. You kissed his cheek and held his face close to yours.
You: "If you need to stop, make sure you do. Don't push yourself too hard, Honey."
Shawn: "I'll try not to."

And with that, he was off. You watched from the backstage wing. He started off as normal and even seemed like nothing was wrong.

 He started off as normal and even seemed like nothing was wrong

But about halfway through his normal set, he changed it up. He went to the last song on the schedule. Red flags immediately went up.

He was belting out notes left and right and even stumbled at one point on stage.

He was giving it everything he had and your heart rate was starting to rise

As if on cue, the last chord played and Shawn went down. Limp. He had passed out. Security immediately rushed the stage with Andrew screaming orders. The crowd was in shock. Gasps, cries, and screams were everywhere.

A crew member held you back and ushered you to the side. But once he was behind the stage, you stepped in.
You: "Honey? Shawn, Baby? Wake up."
You kissed his cheek. Tears threatened your eyes. Why did you let him perform?

A medic came up on the other side of you and shoved some smelling salts under his nose. He woke up.
You wrapped him in your arms.
Shawn: "I was trying. I was. I wanted to finish well."
You: "You scared everyone to death is what you did!"
He buried his head into your neck.
Shawn: "I just need to rest, I think."

He leans back from you and you can see the tears streaming down his face.
Shawn: "My fans are going to hate me. We'll have to refund tickets."
Andrew: "Shawn, stop worrying about it. Just take care of yourself, or better yet, let Y/N take care of you."
You just continue to kiss his face, rub his back, and hold him close as the medic gets to work.
The medic looked at his vitals and suggested a few days rest.

And that's exactly what you did.
..............................................................................................
Requested by Shannon1300