Jake T. Austin; My Person

You and Jake had been friends for as long as you could remember. As your parents and his were life long friends as well. So, when he started to become famous you were worried if your friendship would last.

You were amazed that Jake made special efforts to stay in touch with you through calls, texts, visits, and more recently, Facetime calls. You knew that you had deeper feelings for him than simply a friendship. But you didn't know if you were ready to tell him.

And now, here you are staring at him from the backseat of your Uber.

You two had decided to take a little friend trip to the beach while he was on a break from filming and auditions

You two had decided to take a little friend trip to the beach while he was on a break from filming and auditions. You were so happy that he had come up with the idea and made all of the arrangements, as that wasn't something you enjoyed doing.

You realize you're staring and look away. Hopefully he hadn't noticed. For the remainder of the ride you looked out the window and contemplated if the time had come. You had been crushing on this man, your best friend, for over a decade. If you didn't act fast, he may find someone else. Maybe that was the way it was supposed to be? How could he really like you? And if he did wouldn't he have done more than just incessantly flirt with you? Wouldn't he have made a more substantial move? What were you thinking, liking him?

Your thoughts were interrupted when Jake leaned over in the car inches from your face.
Jake: "Whatcha lookin at?"
You: "Oh.... you know.... just the scenery."
Jake: "Uh huh....." He pulls away from your side of the car. "So what's his name?"
You're a little startled. "What?"
Jake: "The guy.... You don't just stare out of a window in a car for twenty minutes day dreaming about anything, Y/N."
You smile. "Well for your information, Sir, I wasn't thinking about a guy."
Jake: "Ohhhh. Really?" He says smirking. "I thought maybe I would be so lucky to have been part of that fantasy of yours."
You smack his arm.
You: "Oh stop."
He chuckles.
You loved when he laughed. It always made you smile. Shoot! You can't think of him that way, Y/N.

Time Skip.....

You two unpacked your belongings in the condo and went to a burger place for dinner. The next few days were full of lounging on the beach, floating in the ocean, and watching every girl on the sand drool over Jake.

I mean, you couldn't blame them

I mean, you couldn't blame them. He was quite the sight. It made you feel intimidated but also very lucky to be so close to him, an envy to most girls that knew of Jake T. Austin.

But at night when all was calm, you found yourself dreaming again of the what ifs. Your favorite place on this vacation had to be the balcony overlooking the ocean. The waves brought peace to your anxieties and you had fallen asleep several times to the sound of the waves sitting in the hammock on said balcony.

One night, Jake decided to go to the hot tub, directly below your balcony about seven floors down. Little did he know, you could hear every word said as the noise traveled like a spiraling staircase upwards, toward the balcony. Here you are dreaming of the time that maybe, just maybe, you would tell him about your feelings. All of a sudden you hear squeals of laughter beneath you. Curious, you walk to the ledge and look over the railing to see Jake with several young women in bikinis laughing hysterically at him. You knew he was a flirt, heck, you had experienced that part of his personality many times. You were a captive audience to this scene. Especially when one girl decided to make her move. She literally straddled his lap and brought her face closer and closer to his. This was all you needed to see. You stepped away from the balcony, leaving your peaceful state of mind behind as well.

Your doubts again, started to eat away at your confidence. If Jake had such feelings for other girls to allow them to be so close, he had no feelings for you. You curled up in your bed, locked the door, and grieved your loss.

The next morning you awoke to a soft knocking on your door.
You: "Come in."
Jake opens the door, still in his pajama pants and messy bed head.
Jake: "Hey, sleepyhead."
You: "Hey."
You could barely look at him. You knew that would just make the realization worse.
Jake: "Woah, what's going on?"
You forgot.... the tissues that covered your bed from the tearful night before were still there.
Jake comes closer to you and lifts your chin to make you look at him.
Jake: "Y/N, what's wrong?"
You feel the tears well in your eyes and quickly move so you aren't looking at him.
You: "I don't really want to talk about it."
Jake: "Since when do we keep secrets from eachother?"
This got under your skin. You turn to face him again with fire in your eyes coming out in the form of tears.
You: "I've been keeping secrets, Jake, for years."
Jake: "What do yo...."
You hold up your hand. "Just let me get through this. I love you! I've loved you for years! And I never said anything because I knew you didn't feel the same way. Then last night I saw those girls all over you at the hot tub and it just solidified that I am never going to have the chance to be your person. And it breaks my heart. I have so much to offer, I know you better than anyone and for a brief moment on this trip, I thought you may feel the same. I guess I was wrong."
He steps closer to you and grabs your sides pulling you to him. As you sob into his chest you hear him sniffle.

You pull away from him and look up to see tears coming down his face, but a smile is also present. You hit his chest and pull completely away. "I'm glad you find this amusing.... Gosh."

He just chuckles and reaches for you again. This time capturing your lips with his. Time stops. Jake pulls away and you can't find the words to express your emotions.

Jake: "I only thought it was me falling for you all those years. I made a few advances and every time felt like you were shooting me down." He kisses you again. "God, I can't believe this is happening."
You: "But what about last night."
Jake: "I didn't let her kiss me. In fact, I left after I got her off of me. I just thought you went to bed early and I showered and went to bed, myself."

You make an 'oh' with your mouth.
Jake: "So, Y/N, will you be my person?"
.............................................................................
Requested by Str8ouTTa808