Charlie Puth; I'm Charlie

You were so excited. This was your first trip to New York. You were visiting your best friend on your college Christmas break.

You arrived to her apartment and began to visit. She insisted on showing you the sights and meeting some of her friends from work. So, a couple of hours later you were bundling up to head to Central Park to see the Christmas lights and meet her friends. You were wearing:

You were nervous but really excited as meeting new people was always a welcome experience, as an extravert, but these were New Yorkers

You were nervous but really excited as meeting new people was always a welcome experience, as an extravert, but these were New Yorkers. Would they accept you?

Your thoughts were all for nought as her friends were a really fun group and accepted you immediately.

You felt like a child gazing up at the twinkling lights of the trees decorated and snow on the ground reflecting the city lights around you. You thought you could get used to the big city. The noise, the business, the skyline, the people, you were feeling full of energy and wonder.

You were walking along when your friend's friend, Amber, turned to you.
Amber: "Whatcha humming?"
You didn't even realize you were humming. You thought about it and determined it was "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."

You: "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."
Amber: "Well, it's beautiful. Do you sing?"
Your friend overheard the conversation and turned around to butt in.
Your friend: "You bet she does. I've been telling her for years that she needs to do some demo tracks and send them in to some labels."
Amber turned to you. "I sing too, you know?"
Your friend: "You do?"
Amber nodded her head.
Amber started to sing, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."

You all stop walking and you find the tenor harmony, take it up into a soprano voice, and start singing with her. Your friend says, "Y/N sing the melody on the verses." Amber drops out and you sing the verse.

You: "Hear we are as in olden days... etc."
Several people were starting to gather as Amber comes in on the alto harmony and your friend finds the high tenor part you were originally singing to end out the song. Several people clap.

Someone in the crowd: "Do you do White Christmas?"
Without hesitation and with a smile on your face you start White Christmas. Again the other two join in. The other girl with you all, Natalie, was now stepping away and watching the crowd. She caught a really cute guy watching and snapped a picture.

He was watching you

He was watching you. Natalie then starting listening and watching again.

You finish the song and thanked everyone for listening.

Random Crowd Member: "Do you all sing professionally?"
Amber: "No, just new friends that enjoying singing."
She smiles and the crowd starts to disperse. Not that cute boy though, he stuck around.

Natalie ran up to you and told you about him and showed his picture to you. You look up as he was approaching you. Wait, you recognized him. Is that...?

He approaches and you all look up.
Guy: "Hey, that was amazing."
Your friend: "Thanks."
He holds his hand out to shake her hand.
Guy: "I'm Charlie."
Your friend shakes his hand and introduces herself and down the line until he reached you last. You shake his hand and get a closer look.
You: "Y/N."
Charlie: "You've got a beautiful voice."
You: "Thank you. I'm flattered. So do you."
Your group of girls looked at you confused.

Charlie: "Ahh. I've been found out."
You: "Sorry."
Charlie: "Nah, it's alright. I was hoping you would."
You look to your friends and shrug.
You: "He's Charlie Puth."
Your friends all start to freak out a bit.