Shawn Mendes; Sick

You came home to your apartment after work.
You kicked off your shoes and noticed some bottles of medicine on the counter in the kitchen. You slowly put down your purse and say, "Shawn?"

Shawn groans.

You take off your coat and hang it up and make your way to the bedroom. Your fiancé was supposed to be at some fittings for a music video he's supposed to shoot next week.

You open the bedroom door slightly to see Shawn in a hoodie looking up at you laying on the couch.

Shawn: "Hey

Shawn: "Hey."he says barely above a whisper.
You go to the couch and sit next to him.
You: "Hey Sweetie, what's wrong? Migraine?"
He nods and shifts to lay his head on your thigh. You play with his hair gently.
You: "Did you take medicine?"
He shakes his head.
You: "Baby, you need to take your medicine."
He sighs and borrows his face into your leg.
Shawn whispers, "I just need you."

You decide not to argue with him.
You shift a little to where you are now laying with your feet propped on the ottoman and he can rest his head on your chest or shoulder. You continue to play with his hair, trying to soothe him.

You didn't even realize that he was cuddling his stuffed bunny. He used the bunny primarily on the road because it helped him sleep without you. His mom gave it to him to help him with nightmares when he was younger. You found it adorable.

You try to grab the bunny from underneath him because it looked awfully uncomfortable

You try to grab the bunny from underneath him because it looked awfully uncomfortable. But he shifted and grabbed it in his arms as he cuddled into you.

You had an idea. You needed him to take medicine, but you were going to have to use something for leverage. You sneakily grab Bunny and slip out from under Shawn.

Shawn groans.
Shawn: "If you're gonna leave at least leave Bunny."
You smile.
You: "I'm not leaving and you aren't getting cuddles or Bunny back until you let me get you some medicine."
He shifts to look at you through squinted eyes.
Shawn: "That's just mean."
You: "No, what would be mean is if I added no muffins to that list."
Shawn opens his mouth as if shocked.
Shawn: "You wouldn't."
You: "Oh, but I would."
Shawn: "Fine, I'll take the medicine."
You take Bunny with you to the kitchen to get Shawn some pain meds.
You: "Shawny, you probably ought to lay in bed for awhile. Your neck will spur on more migraines."
You hear him slowly get up from the couch and a rustling of your bedsheets.

You reenter the room with a muffin, medicine, and Bunny. He gladly accepts all three but then reaches his arms out for you.

You change into an oversized sweatshirt of Shawn's and slip into bed beside him.
He leans toward you and kisses you gently on the lips. He slides down and cuddles into your chest and sighs.

You run your hands through his hair and rub his back.

You: "Sleep it off, Honey."
It took him all of ten minutes to be lightly snoring.

You must have fell asleep as well because you woke up two hours later with a sweaty fiance kicking you under the sheets. You opened your eyes and see that Shawn is also crying.... his eyes were still closed. He mumbles, "No...... Y/N.... Come back."
You caress his face and say his name lightly.
You: "Shawn..... Darling, wake up.... It's only a dream."
When you said dream, his eyes shoot open. He looks around until he sees you and he melts. He sobs. You grab his head and burry it into your shoulder. You shift around until your cradling him like a baby.... a very big baby. You just continue to rub his back and reassure him that you're here and it was just a dream.

He pulls away to face you a few minutes later.
Shawn: "I thought I lost you, Honey."
You: "You'll never lose me, Shawn."
..............................................................................................
Requested by Shannon1300