Corbyn Besson; College Softball

You were part of an amazing college softball team, the University of Florida's Gators. You played shortstop and started on the team. As a junior you were studying business.

You were also dating Why Don't We's Corbyn Besson and had been for several years. He was currently on the North American tour of their latest album release and hated that he was missing your season. He knew how much you loved the game and wanted him to be there.

Tonight was a big game and would determine who won the regional and go on to play another game. Your whole family had flown down to Florida to watch you play the biggest game of your career. It was just the beginning of the game warm ups and you saw him. He was sitting near your family sitting on what looked like a skateboard in the top bleachers.... Corbyn.

You were shocked

You were shocked. He must have noticed you staring and waved at you. He proceeded to scream.

Corbyn: "GO KICK SOME BUTT NUMBER 24."

This lit a fire in you.

Time Skip
It was the bottom of the seventh with bases loaded. You were up to bat and the Gators were down 5-2. There were two outs, this was it. You approached the plate and did your pre-swing ritual, tapping the bat on the farthest side of the plate from you, taking a practice swing, and choking up on the bat. You planted your feet and set your eyes toward the pitcher.

Screams were coming from everywhere, your heart was beating out of your chest. This was it.

The pitcher nods their head and winds up the pitch. It was a wild one. Ball one.

You hear cheers from the dugout and ready yourself for the next pitch. Here it came. It was a sweet pitch, obviously a mistake on the pitcher's part. This one was right in the pocket.

You swung and knew you hit a sweet spot. Crack! And you were off. You didn't hesitate and took off. The first base coach was screaming, "Go two!"
You went for second, running as fast as you could. You could tell that this was at least a triple. You watched as the left field player launched the ball toward second, but it came up short. You were thanking God as you ran for the errors.

You booked it to third. Your heart beat was deafening and your feet felt like lead as you wanted to bolt for home. The third base coach screamed as you came closer. "Slide into home!"

You rounded third and the crowd was on their feet. You saw the ball hurtling toward the catcher, another wild throw. The other team was falling apart. You slid into home plate on your stomach as your team mates screamed.

You had done it! You had just won the game for the Gators

You had done it! You had just won the game for the Gators. The Regional was yours! The crowd went crazy!

Time skip...
After the game you made your way to your family who were all waiting by the locker rooms for you. You walked out of the locker room and were met by cheers and congratulations from every direction. But, there was one person you couldn't wait to see. Corbyn Besson.

You finally saw your family and made your way over to them. Your parents hugged you then your brother. The extended family stayed back and let you have your moment. There he was within grasp. You ran to him and wrapped your arms around him.

You kissed him sweetly.
Corbyn: "You kicked butt!"
You: "Just doing what I was told." You laugh.