Grant Gustin: Baby Kicks

You: "Hey, Honey!"
Grant: "Hey!"
You: "Did I catch you mid-run?"

You: "Hey, Honey!"Grant: "Hey!" You: "Did I catch you mid-run?"

Grant: "No actually I'm just stopping. Walking back to the car..... What's up?"
You: "Someone wanted to say hi."
You point the camera down to your 7 months pregnant tummy.

" You point the camera down to your 7 months pregnant tummy

Grant smiles. "Is he kicking a lot?"
You flip the camera back to your face.
You: "A lot more today than normal."
Grant: "Darn.... I want to feel him kick."
You stick your bottom lip out as you feel the baby kick as if on cue.
You: "I want you to, too. But you'll be home next week and I'm sure you'll be able to then."
Grant: "Yeah. Next week seems too far away. What if he forgets what I sound like or what my hand feels like on your tummy?"
The baby kicks you again. You giggle. "You are the cutest, Grant."
Grant smirks, "Why do you say that?"
You: "Because I've been trying not to say anything for the past minute but every time you speak I feel the little guy move. He definitely remembers you, Cutie."
Grant: Are you serious? That's awesome! Hi, little boy! Daddy loves you. Don't hurt Mommy too bad by kicking her..... Did he kick that time?"
You squirm a little uncomfortably, "Yeah a few times actually. I think he's enjoying kicking my ribs a little too much."
Grant grimaces and whispers. "I'm sorry, I'll try to keep the volume down maybe he'll stop."
You wince as you feel another jolt in the ribs.
You: "You're fine, Honey. It's not your fault."
Grant looks at you concerned.
You: "I promise I'm fine, Babe."
Grant: "I wish I knew of a way to help, Baby."
You: "It's the weirdest feeling really. I'm overjoyed to feel him move but I also want to scream at the same time. He's just a little wiggly guy today. Maybe he'll pick a new position soon and I'll get some relief."
Your stomach growls so loud.
Grant: "Was that your stomach?"
You: (sarcastically) "No, it was your son screaming to let him out into the open air."
Grant chuckles. "He may be hungry, Babe. Obviously you are a bit hungry."
You: "I am but I... uh."
Grant opens the car door and slides into the drivers seat. "You what?"
You: "I was going to go grocery shopping today because we're out of everything but he's been so active it's made me feel a little off balance and queasy. So I haven't eaten much today."
Grant looks at you sternly. "Babe, you know the doctor wants you to eat three meals a day right now."
You: "I know. I just didn't feel like going out and I feel bad spending money on take out."
Grant: "Babe, I'm ordering you food right now and having it delivered and I want you to sit right there on that couch and make a grocery list. I'm going to order you groceries tomorrow and have them delivered."
You: "Grant."
Grant: "Y/N Gustin. I won't take no for an answer. You are my wife and I am taking care of you."
You: "But the money, Honey."
Grant: "Babe, I'm not in the least bit worried about our money, I'm worried about you. Now start working on that list. I ordered your favorite, (insert favorite meal from your favorite restaurant)."
You just smile.
Grant brings his attention back to you  as he seems to have finished ordering food.
Grant: "I know you are being a trooper and that you are secretly feeling miserable right now, but gosh dang you're breathtaking." He winks.
You giggle and then wince as you feel another blow to the ribs.
Grant: "Honey, I'm going to call my appointments personally and let them know I'm coming home to you tomorrow. I can't stand watching you in pain and know that I'm away."
You: "Babe, please don't. I'm fine really. There would be nothing you could do here."
Grant: "Hey, I have a call coming in. I'm going to put you on hold."

Time Skip

You had slept terribly last night and have felt like you've been ran over by a truck all day. Your groceries were delivered and your neighbor, Beth, had come over to help you organize them into the fridge.

You were sitting on the couch trying to find a comfortable position when you hear the door knob of the front door start to jiggle. You hear keys in the same instance.
You try to hurry up off the couch, but it was too late, they had opened the door. Fear cascades into your mind, you start to panic a bit and then you look up.
You: "Grant!"
Grant sets down his bag, smiles, and comes over to you. Embracing you and kissing your cheek.
You were so relieved he had actually come home.