Shawn Mendes; Drowning

You and Shawn were on your anniversary date. You couldn't believe it three years of dating the most handsome man in the world, in your opinion. What you did to deserve that you would never know, but you accepted it fully.

You had flown to be with Shawn today because he was on tour and you'd never spent this particular day apart since you started dating. Because you were in an unfamiliar place you were a little nervous about the notion of driving, but Shawn took the reigns and drove, claiming he loved to drive but never felt like he got the chance. This also made you both feel like you were a normal couple, his left hand on the steering wheel, his right holding your hand. It felt like a dream.....

... that quickly became a nightmare. You were headed back to the hotel after your dinner date. You decided on a late night dinner to try to avoid fans and paparazzi, but you couldn't tell if the vehicle behind you was trailing you or not. You didn't think anything of it until the car tried to pass you and flashed a camera in front of you. This temporarily blinded Shawn and he cursed. You braced yourself as Shawn clearly didn't know where he was going on this unfamiliar road.

The next thing you remember you were waking up to Shawn's short breathing and your name being called from those breathes. You also felt.... water... like everywhere. What was going on?

You open your eyes to see nothing but black, but you could finally figure out what was happening. The car was in water and it was rising.
You: "Shawn!"
Shawn: "Y/n, are you alright?"
You start to panic.
You: "Shawn why are we still in the car?"
Shawn: "I can't get my door to open or my window to bust." he says as he unhooks your seatbelt. "Are you hurt?"
You assess yourself quickly. You think you taste blood, but you're not sure. Everything else seemed to be fine.
You: "I think I'm bleeding from my head somewhere or something, but nothing hurts."
Shawn: "Can you reach your phone, mine is under the water somewhere."
That's when you remembered that this was Shawn's biggest fear, drowning. You reach for your purse and get your fingers around the handle. The water was now up to your belly button. You shifted in your seat and opened your purse. You were thankful you had just bought a waterproof case.

You find your phone and immediately turn on the flashlight. You point it at Shawn, who is as pale as a ghost.
You: "Shawn? Look at me."
He does.
You: "You need to take deep breathes and calm down for me Sweetie. We're going to get out of h-."
Just then something shifts in the car and the water rapidly starts to rise.
You start to go into survival mode.
You: "Was there anything heavy in the backseat or anything?"
Shawn: "I-I-I don't think so."
The water was now up to your neck.
You: "We're both going to have to try to break this window. Get some leverage on the steering wheel and I'll push from my seat. Let's kick my window in. But, Babe, you're going to have to get out fast, because a surge of water is going to come through that window when we break it. You understand?"
He nods.
You both shift into position.
Shawn: "Ok. 1. 2. 3."
You both shove on the glass with your feet. All of a sudden the window breaks free and as you said water starts to pour in.
Shawn:"Go, Babe, Go. I'm right behind you."
You dive through the opening of the window and up to the surface with your phone still in hand.

You watch and wait for Shawn to come up, but after fifteen seconds or so, the car is fully submerged and your boyfriend is nowhere to be found.

You dive back under the water to find him. Your phone lights the way. You find the car and see that as Shawn was trying to get out he must of gotten caught on something. Now he was limp and you were going to have to save him. You shine your light at the space that he was caught in, it was his shoe. You untie the lace and slip his foot out of his boot. He was freed, but now you were in need of air and had to swim Shawn up to the surface.

You place yourself below Shawn's chest and push off the car to get a good start on your journey to the surface. You didn't think you were going to make it, but your head finally broke through to the air. You gasped and flipped Shawn over so his face was in the air. You mustered the rest of your strength to swim him to the shoreline. You must be in a river or a really big creek, both of which were prominent in this area. After what felt like forever, you reached the surface and immediately assessed Shawn. He wasn't breathing. You quickly position yourself to do CPR.

You were doing CPR, begging God to keep this man, whom you loved, alive. For him to come back to you. You did four rounds of compressions and breathing, and that's when Shawn started to cough. You rolled him on his side to allow him to get rid of the water. You cried and just kept saying his name as he kept fighting for less water and more air. You grabbed him and cradled him like a baby doll and sobbed. He was crying now too.
You: "You're alright. You're ok."
Shawn finally reaches up to your face and pulls your lips to his.

Shawn: "My hero."
..............................................................................................
Requested by Shannon1300