Jack Avery; Insecure

You and your husband, Jack, had just had your first child. Y/Son's/N was born almost seven months ago and was an absolute angelic baby. He loved sleep and clapped when Jack sang to him. He was blowing raspberries and loved when someone would throw him in the air and catch him. His little baby giggles were contagious, but he thought you were the funniest person in the world. Anything you did to attempt to make him laugh, worked.

Jack was already wrapped around his little finger and you were right behind him. Recently Jack was spending a lot of time at the studio recording and leaving you at home with Y/S/N. You didn't mind, he was doing what he had to for the band and for his family. Jack seemed super happy and energetic all of the time, then there was you.

You were thankful for your son and husband. You loved them with all of your heart. But, you couldn't say the same about yourself. After the baby was born you couldn't get rid of the weight. You had asked several of your friends, doctors, and even your mom, but everything you tried didn't seem to work. You thought you looked pudgy and swollen. You no longer loved yourself.

Jack was starting to notice. Anytime he would hug you, you found a reason to stop it almost immediately. He would try to cuddle up to you in bed and you shifted away from him. You were locking the door when you changed or took a shower. You loved Jack but didn't want him to see his "ugly" wife.

One day you were doing the dishes after putting the baby down from a nap when Jack hugged you from behind. There was no where to go. You couldn't escape him this time. Would he notice your buldging gut or love handles? You started degrading yourself for not "being better" for your husband. You then started to silently cry, even as he still hugged you.

He must have noticed because he asked you why you were crying.

You: "Do you think I'm pretty, Jack? Be honest."
He lets go of you and spins you around to face him. He rubs your cheeks with his thumbs and stares into your teary eyes.
Jack: "Baby, I think you are beautiful. Why would you think I don't?"
You: "Because I don't." You whisper.
His eyes scan your face. He could tell you were suffering from this.

He kisses you passionately. Then he pulls away.
Jack: "I'm sorry that you think that, Honey. Look at me."
You met his eyes.
Jack: "You are the most beautiful person I've ever seen. What are you upset with yourself over?"
You pull away and go sit on a bar stool.

You: "I feel like since I had Y/S/N, I've not been able to get rid of the weight. Jack, I gained 43 pounds when I was pregnant. Have I lost any of it? No. I've gained twenty more pounds. Honey, you deserve better than that."
The last sentence came out in whispered sobs.
You put your head in your hands and cried. You were crumbling.

Jack silently walks toward you, heartbroken. He grabs your shoulders and shifts you toward him. You lean into him.

Jack: "Honey, follow me."
You grab his hand he holds out to you and quietly follow his lead.

Jack steps into your son's room where he is sleeping. Jack whispers.

Jack: "Look in that crib and tell me what you see."
You do as he asks.
You look at him.
You: "I see our baby."
He kisses your forehead.
Jack: "Baby, you sacrificed your "perfect" body to make a beautiful human that I get to share in calling my son. Your body is more precious to me now than it ever has been. Your imperfections are perfectly crafted to show the struggle of producing another life. You are so beautiful, sexy, perfect to me. If you never look like you did the day before you started showing with Y/S/N again, I would still love you, all of you, for the rest of our lives. Do you understand?"

You gently smile and pull him to you to kiss him.

Time Skip

A few days later you were headed to the studio with your baby to eat lunch with the boys. You flipped down the mirror to check your appearance before getting out of the car once at the studio and found a note from Jack.