Shawn Mendes; Q&A

You had been engaged to Shawn for almost a year. You two were waiting another six months before getting married due to his tour.

You decided to go to his next concert, but you wanted to throw him for a loop a little bit. For this tour he would meet a group of VIPs after soundcheck and take questions. You knew this and contacted his manager.

You arrived at the venue in somewhat of a disguise. You wanted to blend in so you wore a baseball cap, a future Mrs. Shawn Mendes shirt, and skinny jeans.

You waited in the VIP line outside the venue where several people recognized you

Fan: "Oh My Gosh! Aren't you Y/N?"
You looked at the teenage girl and put your finger to your mouth.
You: "Shhh. I'm trying to catch Shawn off guard."
The fan whispers, "Oh.... Well after he finds out it's you can I get a picture with you?"
You: "Of course. What's your name?"
Fan: "Molly."

You smiled at her and continue to hide in plain sight. Shawn knew you were supposed to be at the concert but that you were going to get there pretty close to when it started. To his surprise you would be there early and in the VIP crowd for him to find during the Q&A session.

Finally one of the crew came out and led the VIP's to the floor to watch Shawn sound check.

Your breath caught as your stunning fiance walked out on stage. You and the rest of the 100 VIPs screamed. He waved and started the 30 minute sound check. After every song he warmed up with the crowd of girls went crazy. Molly stood next to you watching to see if Shawn would notice.

You stood and watched as Shawn came to the edge of the stage and sat down.
Shawn: "Well before the show I always like to give my VIPs a short Q&A session. One of my faithful friends will be out with a microphone shortly for you to ask your question. I only ask that you not shove them or fight over the microphone. Thanks."
A few minutes later Ian, one of Shawn's tour helpers, came out with a mic. Shawn would point to people and have them ask questions.

You waited until about halfway through to raise your hand and about five people from when you raised your hand, Shawn finally called on you.

Shawn: "You with the baseball hat and what does your shirt say?"
He squints.
He smiles, "Future Mrs. Shawn Mendes? Nice. I think my fiance may need that shirt. What's your question?"
You look up and try to ask your question but so many people talking and screaming at the mention of "Shawn's fiance", that you can't be heard.
Shawn signs for them to be quiet.

You hold the mic up to your mouth and for the first time shift your cap up so that he can fully see your face

You hold the mic up to your mouth and for the first time shift your cap up so that he can fully see your face. He looks a bit shocked.
You wink.
He smiles and somewhat seductively places his finger between his teeth.

You begin to ask your question, "So, Shawn my first question is are you surprised?"He plays it off, "Sure, I guess

He plays it off, "Sure, I guess."
The other fans haven't caught on quite yet, many looked confused as to what is happening.
He beams.
You: "My second question is a little forward but will you marry me?"
The crowd laughs around you.

Shawn shocks everyone by saying, "Umm actually will you come here?"
You make your way to him. He leans down and Ian helps you up on stage. Some fans are visibly upset but some are just confused.

He tips your hat up and kisses you. Talk about shock, the crowd is a ball of mixed emotions. Finally Molly screams, "It's Y/N!"
The crowd finally starts clapping and screaming.
Shawn breaks the kiss and whispers, "To answer your question, yes!"
You grab his face and kiss him again.