Jack Avery; Overbooked

This is how you found Jack after the band had a pretty massive fight

This is how you found Jack after the band had a pretty massive fight. The boys were normally pretty chill and even avoided conflict by compromise. However, today just threw everyone for a loop.

The booking for a show had accidentally been overbooked doubly. Instead of one showing the website showed two. This was a problem because the second showing, that was wrong, was overbooking another venue. The boys were pretty split on what to do. Do they cancel the other venue? Refund the overbooked tickets? What do they do?

The lines were drawn with Zach and Jonah saying rebook the other venue and Corbyn, Jack, and Daniel saying to refund the tickets. Either way fans were going to be disappointed and the boys were already feeling the backlash.

You watched as things unfolded and as a friend of all the boys, and their opening act, you wanted to see this work out. You watched as they argued and ultimately as their manager stepped in to separate them before things got heated.

Jack went for the door and you couldn't  help but wonder after him.

You found him sitting on the side of the house starring at nothing.

You: "So? That was a disaster."
Jack: "Yep. I'm not very good company right now."
You plop down next to him.
You: "Aaahh, you're never good company."
He smirks and shoves your shoulder.
You smile.
Jack: "I just feel like refunding the money makes the most sense. It wasn't the original show's fault, why make them inconvenienced over our mistake?"
You nod. "That's definitely a good way to look at it."
Jack: "So why can't Jonah and Zach see that?"
You shrug. "I don't know. They probably think the same of their idea."

You just sit with Jack for awhile, neither of you saying anything.

You can feel Jack's heartbeat start to slow and his breathing start to decrease. He sighs.

Jack: "Well, I'm going to try to talk to them."
You stop him from leaving by grabbing his arm.
He looks at you.
You: "Go into it with the mindset that the decision isn't going to change your friendship. Listen as much as you talk Jack."
He nods and slips back inside.

You wait right where you are for about thirty minutes.

You get up and go inside.
You see once inside that the boys are all gathered around a computer streaming on YouNow.

Jonah: "Anyway guys, we want to apologize for the inconvenience. You will have the option of the refund or attending an additional show later that week."
Daniel: "Bye yall! See you on tour!"

The boys end the stream and look to you.
You: "So, you work it out?"

Jack: "Yup. Can I talk to you for a minute?"
You nod and follow him to his room.
You sit down on the edge of his bed and he joins you.
He pulls you to him in a hug. You hug him back.
He pulls away. "Thanks for the advice. Once we all started listening instead of just getting our point across we came to the best possible outcome."
You: "I'm glad you worked it out, but you would have done that without me."
Jack: "Maybe. But we'll never know. Thanks for always being there. You're a great friend."
You: "Jeesh, Jack. I feel like I'm in a Hallmark movie or something. You're welcome but let's stop with all this flattery. I don't think my little heart can take it."
You both laugh.