Matt Daddario; Friends? Part 3

After the house tour, you and Matt sit down in the dining room with your mom. You sit in your normal spot next to your mom and have Matt sit where your brother would normally, if he were home. Your mom grabs your hand and reaches to grab Matt's. Matt was confused but followed after you. He grabbed your mom's hand. You then hesitantly grab Matt's hand and look at him from the corner of your eyes. Your mother bows her head and says grace for the food.

Mom: "Amen."
Y/N: "Amen."
Matt: "Amen."

You all begin to pass the food around the table. Mom had made your favorite dinner (insert favorite foods). You described what was on the table to Matt and watched as he served himself. You passed him a bowl and your fingers touched, but instead of instantly pulling away you both looked into each others eyes and you felt your breath catch. You slowly pulled your hand away as he took the bowl and looked away.

Your mother had also set the table with water at every place setting. This woman knew how to be a hostess.

Mom: "So Matt. What do you think of the house?"

Matt: "It is absolutely stunning Mrs. Y/L/N. Everything looks like it came straight from the best designers in a magazine. I've never seen such a beautiful home."

Your mother took this with great pride. She loved her home and the ability to entertain within it.

Mom: "Thank you very much. Now I'm curious, what brings you this way?"

Matt recounts his stories from earlier, explaining his acting career. You all were finished eating, but continued to talk.

Matt: "Thank you so much for the food Mrs. Y/L/N, I don't know when I had a homemade meal last."

Mom: "I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it. I thank you for the compliment."

You hear Cody start to whimper at the front door and knew that your father was home.

You look at Matt with a sparkle in your eye. "Dad's home." You stand up, not bothering to push your chair in after you and sprint to the door. You reach it as he is stepping inside.

Dad: "There's my girl. Hi sweet heart."
He hugs you tightly and kisses your forehead and then your cheek. "You look breathtaking."

Y/N: "Dad I'm literally in a t shirt and jeans."

Dad: "I don't care. You still look ravishing." His demeanor changes quickly and he whispers, "Where is this young man your mother has spent the last hour texting me about?"

You look up and blush a little, you point to the kitchen.

Your dad notices the color in your cheeks and grabbing your hand and walking with you to the dining room.

Matt stands up as your dad enters the room. Your dad holds out his hand and says, "Pleased to meet you son, Y/D/N."

Matt moves around the hand extended to him and hugs your dad. "Sir I hear you are all huggers, so am I."

Your dad chuckles and hugs him back slapping his back. Matt pulls away and says, "I'm Matt Daddario."

Your dad looks at your mom and you, then back at Matt, "I already like him." He says slapping Matt on the shoulder.

Suddenly you remember when you had brought your last boyfriend back home to your parents two years ago. They pulled you into the living room after the boy had taken a phone call outside, they both told you that they didn't feel right about him. Of course, now you bring in a complete stranger and your parents adore him.

Dad: "Honey, is everything ok?" He was looking at you.

Y/N: "Yes. I'm fine. Just thinking." You sit back down as your mom serves your dad his dinner.