Shawn Mendes; Nervous Take 2

You have been dating Shawn for about three years now. You've actually been able to go on tour with him for several weeks at a time off and on, which has been wonderful.

You were back home for a few weeks when Shawn Facetimed you. You loved when he would Facetime you, because it felt so much more special to be able to not only hear him, but see him.

This particular day Shawn was outside his hotel room on the balcony, shirtless and scruffy faced, your favorite. You loved Shawn in all forms, but this one was so him, so unscripted and vulnerable, you loved that he was that way with you. But, you could tell he was stressed about something.

You greeted each other and you found yourself staring

You greeted each other and you found yourself staring. Shawn snickers.
Shawn: "Hello?... Y/N?... My eyes are right here." He brings the camera so that it's just his eyes.
You sigh. "You've got such pretty eyes."
Shawn zooms back out and laughs.
Shawn: "You're good for me."
You: "I'm glad, 'cause Lord knows, you're better than good for me."
Shawn: "I don't know about that." He says seriously.
You: "Why? What's wrong, Honey?"
He looks down.
Shawn: "You know the song I just wrote about us?"
You nod. "Yeah."
Shawn: "Well, Eli is directing the video and.. umm... his idea for the video sounds... uncomfortable."
You furrow your eyebrows.
You: "How so?"
Shawn: "Well, his girlfriend, Lilliya, is wanting to be in the video. Which is fine, but I'm not liking it for this particular video idea...." He runs his hands through his hair. "It's going to be me with my guitar and a white background. He wants me sitting on an amplifier with the guitar for several takes, singing, of course. Then he wants Lilliya to crouch behind me and basically run her hands all over me. Like in my hair, across my jawline, and over my chest and stuff." He pauses again and switches his phone to the other hand.

You: "Well, I can understand why you would be uncomfortable, especially when it's the director's girlfriend.... Did you tell him you were unsure of the idea?"
Shawn: "Yeah. We talked about it, but he wants me to at least give it a try."
You: "When are you starting to shoot it?"
Shawn sighs. "Tomorrow."
You: "Well, it's a shame they can't wait a week until I get there. I wouldn't mind running my hands through that hair." You wink.
He giggles.
Shawn: "Only if I get to kiss your neck first." He winks.
Your face flushes; he knows how to push the right buttons.

Shawn: "There's Miss Innocent." He smiles and snickers. "I love when you blush."
You: "Well, you find every opportunity to do just that don't you?"
Shawn shrugs. "Hey, what can I say, I like what I like."
You: "And what DO you like?"
Shawn leans close to the camera.
Shawn: "You. I like YOU a lot."
You smile.

You stay on the line for a few more minutes then say your goodbyes.

The next day you waited to hear from Shawn about the shoot. Finally he called you. He was obviously frustrated. He told you that Eli hated it, he hated it, and Eli's girlfriend was enjoying herself way too much.

Of course, a little part of you got territorial immediately. You didn't like the idea in the first place, but you had watched Shawn kiss other girls in videos before, while dating him. You knew where his loyalty lay.