Matt Daddario; Mutual Friend

You had been best friends with Alberto for a long time, ever since elementary school to be more specific.

You were so proud when he told you that he was hired onto the Shadowhunters cast. Although you remained in Florida, you kept in contact with Alberto through text and Facetime. It was the end of September and you and Alberto hadn't talked in about a week. So you facetimed him.

Alberto: "What's up Y/N? Long time no see."
Y/N: "I just missed you is all. How is filming, wait did I catch you busy?"
Alberto: "Oh no. I was just out with Matt for his birthday. Say hi Matt."

He smiles and waves

He smiles and waves.
Alberto: "Wait have you met Y/N before?"
Matt: "No. So this is the best friend that got you through high school?"
Y/N: "Yep that would be me."
Matt: "Well, I for one thank you, who knows what would have happened to this goof without you."
Alberto: "You got that right."
You just laugh. "You're welcome."
Y/N: "Hey. I'll let you get back to celebrating."
Alberto: "Alright. You're still coming to see me at the end of next month right?"
Y/N: "I wouldn't miss it!"
Alberto: "Alright bud, text me."
Y/N: "I will. Bye. Bye Matt."
Matt: "Bye!"

A couple of weeks later you are headed to Toronto to meet Alberto on set and stay with him for a few days. He had said that he couldn't pick you up from the airport and could send someone after you, but you decided against it and called an Uber once you landed.

Alberto loves his co-stars and sent you pictures constantly, especially of Matt, they were really close.

He even sent one of Matt with Alberto's kitten, Stella

You arrived on set and were escorted to Alberto's trailer

You arrived on set and were escorted to Alberto's trailer. He was still on set, so you decided to hang out in his trailer until he was done. You texted him a picture of Stella.

He didn't respond, but an hour later he walked into the trailer with Matt on his heels. His eyes lit up as he saw you.

Alberto: Hugging you, "Y/N/N."
Y/N: "Al."
Alberto: "It's so good to see you. How was your flight."
Y/N: "It was fine. I was on the window seat so it was quite comfortable."
You then look up at Matt.
Matt: "Nice to finally meet you in person Y/N. I've heard a lot about you."
You look at him then Alberto, "All good things I hope. But by the way Alberto is looking at me he must have told you something embarasing, and trust me there are too many of those stories."
Matt: "He may have mentioned something about a game of 7 Minutes in Heaven in middle school, but other than that."
Your face turns red and you turn to slap Alberto on the arm.
Y/N: "You didn't?"
Alberto: "It may have been mentioned."

.... Time Skip....
You, Matt, and Alberto had been hanging out in his trailer for hours. A knock was heard on the door and Alberto's name was called out.

Alberto: "Oh. I forgot to mention I have a few more scenes to film today. I'll be back in a bit." He starts to leave. "Why don't we all grab a bite in town when I get back. You're done for the day right Matt?"
Matt: "Yep. I'll keep Y/N company while you're gone."
Alberto looks at you with eyebrows going up and down.
You: "Great! Now I can tell embarrassing stories about you!"
Alberto looks at Matt. "Don't believe a word she says." He leaves.

You and Matt sit and talk about the show and about your friendship with Alberto.

.....Time Skip.....
Matt: "So he seriously peed himself at your twelfth birthday party?.... How did he manage to do that?" He says laughing.
You: "Well, he was making me laugh to the point of crying and I wanted him to stop.... So I reciprocated the favor, and he ended up peeing."
You both are laughing hysterically.

.... Time Skip....
Matt: "So Al says that you two won should have been couple in high school? I can see why."
You just look at him confused.
Matt: "You two have awesome history and chemistry."
Y/N: "We definitely have that. I remember several girls coming up to me in high school and asked if they could date him.... They asked my permission first, which I always felt weird about and kinda bad."
Matt: "Why?"
Y/N: "Well, I felt I was getting in the way of him meeting someone. Like I was blocking him from a serious relationship, because we were so close."
Matt: "Well, I know for a fact that Alberto doesn't look at you as a roadblock, nor has he ever."
Y/N: "Well I'm glad to hear that."
Matt: "How did he get so lucky?"
Y/N: "What do you mean?"
Matt: "You. How did he nab you as a best friend?"
You just look at him confused, yet again.
Matt: "I've only known you for a few hours, but I feel like I've known you for a while, he talks about you a lot. He told me all about your family, school, friends, career, and dreams. He knows you like the back of his hand. You are his most prized possession and I can see why.....So why didn't you two end up dating?"
Y/N: "Well the funny part is that we did try at one point. It lasted about two weeks, it ended after we kissed for the first time. It felt too weird, like I was kissing a relative or something." You giggle.

Matt: "Really? Wow. He never told me about that.
Y/N: "We don't talk about it much."
Matt: "So what lucky guy swooped in after that?"
Y/N: "Actually, that was my one and only "boyfriend". I started focusing on my career and plans. Plus no one came knocking, which made me think there was something wrong with me. Time has passed pretty quickly, and still no one." You look down, embarrassed you had just shared something so secretive.
Matt: "Y/N." He says sadly. "You are beautiful, smart, funny, caring, and passionate, anyone who can't see that is a numskull."
You look up and catch his eyes.
Y/N: "Well I appreciate it."
Matt could tell you were still a little shook.
Matt reached over and grabbed your hand.
Matt: "I know this is going to sound like a pity thing, but I promise it isn't. You can ask Alberto, I've talked about you nonstop since you Facetimed him. I instantly felt a flutter in my heart when I saw you. I've never met someone that lived up to the expectations set, like you have. You've grabbed my attention and kept it, not to mention, Alberto has been wanting to set me up with you for months now. So.... Will you do me the honor of going on a date with me?"

You hear an excited Alberto scream outside the trailer, "YES!" Then you hear running footsteps.

You and Matt giggle. You squeeze his hand and say, "Well Alberto stole the words right from my mouth, yes." A tear slips from your eye.

Matt: "Do you really think he had more scenes or has he been standing there the whole time?" He says as he wipes the tear away from your cheek.
You just chuckle and shrug your shoulders. "It's Alberto. Who knows."