Shawn Mendes; In Love

Shawn and you had been dating for about six months. You had met each other when you were both skiing and slid into eachother. You just clicked. It wasn't long after that, that Shawn asked you to be his girlfriend. Dating wasn't easy especially with his tour schedule. You had a job and couldn't just drop everything to travel with him, especially so soon after starting the relationship.

You had dated before, but had never felt this way about anyone else. With other boys, you would be smitten at first, start the relationship, and something would fizzle out. You'd been cheated on more than you would like to remember. Your choice in men wasn't very good in recent years. Then there was Shawn. Ahhhhh, Shawn. Just the thought made your heart skip a beat.

Here you were daydreaming in your cubicle about a man a thousand miles away. He had texted you this morning, as he did every morning, with a sweet message. You loved waking up to his words, even when you couldn't wake up next to him. You snapped out of your daydream when your boss walked by and started working again, but your mind was far far away.

You put in a full day at work and walked home to your apartment. As you walked through the door your phone rang. You looked down. It was Shawn.

You: "Hello?"
Shawn: "Hey, Baby. If I timed this right you should be home?"
You kick off your shoes and put down your purse.
You: "You're right. Where are you at today?"
Shawn: "I'm actually in Bangkok, it's 5 am here."
You: "Wow. You enjoying it?"
You went and sat down on your couch and propped your feet up.
Shawn: "I'd enjoy it more if you were here."
You sigh.
You: "I've thought about you all day. You sure you can't fly to the US for a few days?"
Shawn chuckles. "Nah, I wish I could. You know that. How was work?"
You proceed to talk about work and your boring day. You ask about his travels and the crew. It was almost 8 and you were starving.
Shawn: "Babe, I'm going to have to hang up. They need me for a rehearsal session."
You: "Ok. I love you! Call me later!"
Shawn: "I will. Sleep tight!"
You: "Bye."
Shawn: "Bye."

You hung up slightly disappointed but reprimanded yourself. He was just not ready to say 'I love you.' You had told him you were in love with him about a month ago, but he promised he would never say it to someone that he was dating, unless he knew for sure it was true. You respected it and didn't want to push him toward anything.

A few weeks later....

You walked into your apartment like everyday and cried. Not only did you have a crappy day of work, but you really missed your boyfriend. Especially on days like today, you wanted to come home and snuggle him close and let him take the stress away. Then you had an idea.

You ran to your computer. It was October 10, that meant that Shawn would soon be in Japan. You didn't even call him, you just booked your flight for the next day. You called your boss and called in a week of vacation, which thankfully, he accepted. You would be flying to Japan tomorrow.

You were in the middle of packing when Shawn called you.
Shawn: "Hey. You busy?"
You: "Kinda. But I'm never too busy to talk to you. What's up?"
Shawn: "You're sweet. I just wanted to talk. We're getting ready to head out to the next destination."
You: "Oh. That's fun." You decided not to tell him of your plans until you were landed in Japan.

You tip toed around your schedule and listen to several stories of his tour and performances, all while packing for your trip.

You hung up, feeling anxious and nervous.

The next morning before boarding your flight you texted Shawn, just to tease him a bit.

You: Get a little self-conscious
When I think about you
Get a little excited
Baby, when I think about you
Yeah, when I think about you, babe 😉

You boarded the plane.

Time Skip

You finally walked into your hotel at 10 p.m in Yokohama, Japan on October 12. You were so tired. You wheeled your luggage in and laid on the bed on top of the sheets without taking your shoes off.
You slept until almost 9 the next morning.

You woke up to see Shawn had tried to call you an hour ago. You quickly get out of bed and go to the bathroom. You take a shower and get dressed.

You call Shawn back when you are ready

Shawn: "Hello?"
You sang. "Do you got plans tonight?
I'm [zero] miles from Japan, and I
I was thinking I could [walk] to your hotel tonight
'Cause I-I-I can't get you off my mind
Can't get you off my mind
Can't get you off my mind (oh)"
Shawn: "Wow. Great rendition. You know that's not how the song goes right?"
You giggled.
You: "I know. But in my rendition I didn't have to lie."
Shawn: "I'm not following, Honey."
You facepalm.
You: "So much for telling you in a cute way.... I'm literally in Japan. What hotel are you in?"
Shawn: "No you are NOT!"
You: "Yep."
Shawn: "Prove it."
You laugh.
You: "I will if you tell me where you are."
He tells you and you hang up.
You put it in your phone and see that it is only five blocks down. You grab your things and start walking that way.

You get to the hotel and take the elevator up to the sixth floor. 624. You stand outside of his room and knock on the door.

You hear someone move around inside and then a yell.
Shawn: "NO WAY!"
He fumbles with the locks and finally opens the door.
He grabs you in his arms and you immediately relax. Finally.

He has you come inside his room and you lay around and talk for hours before he has to leave for another rehearsal.

You: "Should I stay here?"
Shawn: "I'll only be gone for about an hour. You still look jet lagged why don't you sleep while I'm gone?"
You sigh and watch him change into a t-shirt.
You: "I love you, Shawn."
As you closed your eyes you felt his lips brush yours and whisper.
"I love you, too."