Shawn Mendes; Reward

You had just recently had a major change in your life. You had lost over 100 pounds. Throughout your high school years you battled with your image, food, and PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). PCOS caused a lot of difficulty with your hormones, which in turn, made it easy to retain weight. It didn't help that you loved food and would stress eat. Anyway, you found yourself staring at 300 pounds on the scale and knew it was time for a change.

A year and a half later, you were down 104 pounds and qualified for skin removal surgery. You had rewarded yourself along the way, placing goals like, run a 5k, ski, go to an amusement park, and travel. Your biggest goal was to have skin removal and your reward for that one was to vacation in Sydney, Australia with a close friend of yours.

Six months after having the surgery you were fully recovered and back in the gym doing what you loved. You decided it was time for your reward.

You and your friend flew to Sydney and were staying in a condo at Bondi Beach outside of Sydney.

You also were going to do something drastically new and intimidating for you, wear a bikini.

A few days into the trip you decided to walk the beach for a bit. Your friend just wanted to tan so you left her where she was laid out on her towel and started walking. You were wearing:

You felt empowered and beautiful

You felt empowered and beautiful. It felt so good to reach your goal and be rewarded for it. You were walking along when you saw several people gathered around a group of guys with cameras. What was going on?

You were curious and just kept walking. You spotted a man with his back to the cameras.

You didn't recognize him and shrugged it off as a famous person avoiding the public eye

You kept walking for about thirty minutes and turned around to walk back toward your friend.

Yet again, you were approaching the crowd of people, but this time the man was playing soccer with another guy in the group.

He kicked it to his buddy and the guy missed it

He kicked it to his buddy and the guy missed it. It came rolling toward you and you decided to kick it back. You loved soccer, watching it, playing it, it didn't matter, you loved it. You had used soccer as a fun workout on days that you were tired of the regular routine.

The ball went back to the boy who had missed it and the "famous" man shouted, "Thanks."

You looked up and saw that he was looking at you.

He then started to walk toward you. You slowed down your pace as you noticed him approaching. He was really attractive. He was lean, but built, tall, and had curly dark hair.

Man: "Hey. Nice kick, you play?"
You: "Thanks. Yeah, I play a little bit."
Man: "You want to join? We brought nets and stuff but these bozos don't want to lose so we didn't set them up."
You check your Apple Watch and see that your friend decided to go nap about five minutes ago.
You: "Sure. I'm down, but I must warn you. I don't believe in going easy on someone."
Man: "Is that a threat?" He smiles.
You: "Darn right it is." You laugh.
Man: "My bad, I'm Shawn." He holds out his hand.
You shake it. "I'm Y/N."
You start to walk back with him toward the group.
You: "American?"
Shawn: "Actually, I'm from Toronto. You?"
You tell him where you grew up.
You: "So, what are you doing here?"
He stops and looks at you, seeing as most of the guys he was with were in the waves at this point. There wasn't any need to rush setting up for a soccer game.
Shawn: "I'm actually on a day off from tour."
You look at him puzzled. "Tour?"
You look at him closer.
You: "Wait. Shawn.... Shawn Mendes?"
He takes off his sunglasses.
Shawn: "Guilty."

You could have passed out. Instead you just gaped your mouth open and stared.
Shawn: "I take it you're a fan?"
You: "Uh huh."
Shawn laughs.
You come back to your senses and say, "I can't believe that it is really you. Like what? What?"
He laughs and pulls you into a hug.
You: "I can't- You're really-.... I'm sorry I-. I can't even talk right now."
Shawn laughs some more.
Shawn: "So, now you know who I am, why are you here?"

He grabs the soccer ball and paces away from you just a few feet. He kicks the ball to you as he listens.

You: "Well, it's kind of a long story."
Shawn: "I'm not in any hurry."
You smile and proceed to kick the ball back and forth as you recount your weight loss journey. He occasionally says "Wow." or asks questions.
After you tell him why you decided to come to Sydney he says, "Congratulations, that's pretty awesome!"

You kick the ball to him and say thanks.

He goes back to the stuff piled in the sand and grabs the two soccer goals.

Shawn: "So, you ready to lose?"
You laugh.
Shawn: "What's so funny?"
You: "Oh, it's just the fact that I'm getting ready to cream Shawn Mendes at soccer in Australia on the beach."
Shawn: "We'll see about that."

You ended up playing one-on-one soccer for about thirty minutes before taking a break. The scores was 11-10, with you in the lead. You decided to play to fifteen, but needed a water break first.

Shawn: "Water break?" He says panting.
You nod your head.
Shawn runs over to you and lifts you over his shoulder. You scream and try to break free. Before you know it you're under the salty water of the ocean. You surface to find a cackling Mendes. You rub your eyes and get up. Unsuspectingly, you shove Shawn hard and down he goes.

You: "That's not what I meant by a water break."

You and Shawn spent the next two hours together. He ended up giving you his number and you gave him yours. He asked you not to share it with anyone and you promised you wouldn't. He texted you that night and the next day. The day after and the day after that. etc.

Two years later you were facing Shawn in front of your friends and loved ones saying "I do."