it was worth the try

this is for @bethgurske

Beth's POV

I turned myself in bed, waking up. It's really morning already?

I sat up in bed, wiping my eyes to adjust to the sunlight pouring through Stiles' bedroom window.

"Hey Stiles-" I started saying as I went to look at him, but he wasn't laying in bed.

"Stiles?" I question out loud. I get up from the bed and as soon as I do, the fire alarm goes off.

My eyes widen as I run down the stairs and straight into the kitchen.

There's Stiles trying to put out a fire he's managed to create in a pan on the stove.

"Ah!" He screamed, trying to search for the extinguisher.

Me laughing caused his head to turn to the doorway.

"You're up!" He said, smiling. He then remembered the fire that was happening.

"Where is it?" He hurried, running around the kitchen.

I shook my head, opening the fridge. I found the baking soda and pulled it out, pouring it over the pan.

The fire instantly went out and I set down the baking soda.

"Is there a reason you're making fires at nine in the morning?" I smiled, leaning against the counter. He smiled, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Maybe- I was trying to make breakfast. And maybe, I don't really know how." He shrugged.

"Maybe our usual cereal is a better option." I said, pointing to the boxes on the counter.

"But this has to be a special breakfast!" He whined, waving his arms.

"Special?" I asked.

"Someone didn't forget their own birthday, did they?" He smiled. I blushed, my eyes darting to the floor.

"You didn't have to do all this." I said, looking back at him.

"I wanted to." Stiles smiled, walking over to me. He pulled me into a hug, rubbing my back. I returned the hug, digging my face into his chest.

"Thank you. It was worth the try." I laughed.

"I guess." He said, pulling away. I looked up at him, his height definitely towering mine.

He kissed me, putting his hands on the back of my neck. I smiled into the kiss, moving my lips against his.

"Happy birthday." He whispered, only pulling away slightly.

"Yes it is." I responded, putting my lips back on his. He hummed in surprise but joined back in.

"Beth." He tried to speak but I just kept kissing him.

He smiled and retracted.

"Present time." He gave me a huge smile and ran off to grab it.

"Stiles!" I yelled.

I heard thumping down the stairs and he appeared back in the kitchen.

He pulled a box out from behind his back and grinned like a kid handing his mom a present.

"Open it." He nodded. I sighed, taking the present in my hands.

I took the wrapping off and opened the box that was inside. The box held a gold necklace with a cursive letter 's' hanging in the middle. There was a small little square near where the necklace clip was that read:

'Forever'

Tears were building up as I continued looking at it.

"Do you not like it? I knew I should've gotten the-"

I cut his talking off by throwing my arms around him.

"I love it." I whispered. He let out a breath of relief as he wrapped his arms around me.

I let go and he took the necklace from me.

"Here." He smiled, motioning me to turn around. I did so, lifting up my hair so he could clip it.

He lifted it over my head and it sat perfectly on my chest. When his hands left my neck, I let my hair go and spun back to him.

"Perfect." He smiled, looking at it on me. I looked down at it and smiled.

"I love you." I said, looking up to him. He blushed.

"Forever." He responded as usual. He leaned in and put his lips on mine, kissing me.