i dont need you right now (pt. 2)

Y/N POV

I sighed as I stepped up the porch stairs, walking closer and closer
to the McCall's front door. Scott had declared a pack meeting be held.

I raised my clenched hand and rapped my knuckles against the stiff front door, hearing the three knocks echo. Dropping my hand, almost instantly the door opened.

"Hurry in. We have a lot to talk about." Scott rushed, pulling me past the threshold. I quickly stumbled in, taking off my shoes and walking into the house confidently, like I was family.

And as soon as I saw him, my confidence had plummeted.

Stiles sat next to Kira, his arm propping his head up with his elbow, which was against the couch arm. His head immediately shot up to me, and his eyes gleamed with a longing look.

"Okay, now that everyone's here..." And Scott continued on and on about general pack things, about Theo, the doctors.

"Anything else?" Scott let out a final breath, finishing. Everyone stayed silent.

"Okay. Then- I guess that's it."

I stood up and prepared to leave,
but a hand grabbed my arm and spun me around. I came face to face with Stiles, a look on his face that I'd never forget.

"C-can we talk?" He choked out, his voice rough and gravelly.

I pursed my lips in thought. Did I want to talk? The last time we did, I left him sobbing in a parking lot. Then again, he left me heartbroken.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Stiles." I eased, pulling my arm slowly from his grasp. His hold on me immediately left as he dropped his entire arm to his side in defeat.

"Please, I-" He paused, taking a shaken breath as he glanced around the room nervously. "I just want to talk."

I let out a breath of defeat of my own, and gestured for him to lead the way. He nodded softly and turned around. Stiles began walking up the stairs and I softly followed, turning at the top of the stairs when he did. He travelled to an empty room, except for the clean guest bed with a perfectly fluffed comforter and pillow set.

"Okay..." I nodded in an awkward manner. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

Although I already had an idea of what this was going to be about...

"Y/N, I was stupid." Stiles said, no hesitation. "At the hospital when I- I yelled at you, I didn't want to be harsh. I never wanted to be that angry around you. But, it was the exact opposite. I was so- violent, and... and, harsh."

"Stiles-" I tried to interrupt.

"No, Y/N. I'm not- I'm going to say what I was going to say. I had this, this planned out. I've been thinking this talk through since the hospital, for god sakes." He sighed, running his hands through his hair in aggravation.

"But, I don't- I don't think, I can-" He shook his head as he whispered to himself. I furrowed my eyebrows at his confused state. Seeing him like this was scaring me.

"I can't do it. I can't say it." He hurriedly said, before running last me. I quickly turned my body, following after the boy who had ran out the door.

"Stiles!"

He stopped as his left foot met the top of the stairs, his teary eyes staring back at me.

"You wanted to have this talk, so let's talk!" I scoffed, walking closer. His lips pursed in thought as his right hand nervously played with the knob on the banister.