i think im okay

this is for @MadisonGraceOBrien

  Madison's POV

Ever since the dead pool had begun, Stiles has been completely focused on keeping me safe.

And I wasn't even on it.

Nor was I even supernatural.

"Stiles, I think I'm okay. You don't have to watch over me." I sighed as I shut my locker.

"But what if it's not just supernatural? We've only got a third of the list, who knows what's on the last two!" He exclaimed, shrugging.

"I'm going to assume it's not me." I argued, walking down the hallway to my next class. Which- Stiles also had.

"How can you know? We just have to play it safe." He bargained, catching up next to me.

"Stiles, I get it." I stopped him. "You don't want to lose me and all but don't you think this is a bit much?"

"No. Why?" He asked, oblivious.

"Stiles you've been standing outside the bathrooms for me for Christ sake." I reminded him.

"Yeah, and look. You're okay."

"Exactly." I pointed out. "I'm okay."

"But what if that's not how it always is? What if when I decide to hold off, that's when something bad happens to you? I can't let that happen." He sighed, grabbing my hands.

"I'm not going to get hurt." I told him, tired of this argument.

"Don't say that, Madison." He sighed, shaking his head.

"Why? Cause it's something I can't promise?" I mocked.

"No, that's what Allison used to say."

My heart broke at that sentence. But he was right. She always told Scott she'd be fine, that she could handle herself.

"I'm not going to let something like that happen to you. I love you too much to let you go."

I took a deep breath but he kept talking.

"Scott handled loosing his first love. I don't think I'm up for that."

I took more deep breaths, pushing down the lump in my throat.

"Okay." I whispered. "Okay, fine."

Stiles sighed in relief, pulling me in for a hug.

"Thank god. You have no idea how this makes me feel."

I slightly laughed, hugging him back.

"Yeah yeah lover boy. Let's get to class."

"Who you calling lover boy?" He gasped, pulling back. I poked his chest.

"You." He rolled his eyes, throwing his arm over my shoulders.

"Whatever. You love this lover boy."

I nodded, pecking his jaw.

"I do. I don't know what happened. One day I was single and the next-" I sighed. "I was falling for him."

"Maybe it was his devilishly good looks." He smirked, straightening his flannel. I let out a laugh.

"Maybe."