one call away

based on the song by Charlie Pulth- One Call Away

    THIRD PERSON

  Y/N mindlessly made her way up the familiar stairs of her home, her toes barely touching the beginning of the stair before the next. Her eyes trained on the text displayed on the phone screen:

    FROM MELISSA- im sorry Y/N we tried. she's gone

The words took the breath out of her lungs, as she quite literally placed her hand on the wall to steady herself. She stopped walking, thinking, and for a moment- breathing.

She was really gone. Her best friend, the one who was always there for her was never going to come back. She was dead.

Allison Argent had officially passed away.

Y/N let out a strangled sob and collapsed on the stairs, laying her head down as her body racked up and down as the air roughly entered and exited.

Tears dripped down her cheeks, on to the carpet and some of the water even stayed perched on her eyelid before she pinched her eyes shut, making them run down.

"You can't leave me, Allison! Not like this. . ." Y/N cried out, even though she was well aware she was alone.

Alone.

The word echoed in her mind, replayed itself over and over. She was alone now. Her gateway for her deepest thoughts, immense crushes and darkest secrets- was gone. The one of few people she knew she was already inviting to her wedding. The one girl who understood her in the best possible way-

Was dead.

Y/N's conscience scoffed and scolded her for being so dramatic. She wasn't alone. She still has Scott, Lydia, Issac, and-

Stiles Stilinski.

The name alone soothed her and gave her body a warm rush of care. She could imagine his arms gently and perfectly wrapping around her body, pulling her close to his warm and tall one. The boy, and you no doubt know by now, was the only thing in Y/N's life she would call her favorite. She loved Allison to dea- very much. . .

But Stiles had a special hold on the part of her heart where her secret crushes used to be. Now, there was only one. One with lots of plaid and an insane sense of sarcasm, something Y/N could really use. Not only would he cheer her up, but since he was the most caring person, of course he'd be there to console her.

A past conversation dug itself back up, reminding Y/N of something:

"I hate that Allison lives so far away. You know, words can only communicate so much. I can't just call her up, I need to talk to her." Y/N groaned as she messed with the food on her plate, well, she thinks it's food. Or the school does.

"Well, you know, I do live a mere two houses down. And I'm always up for some girly gossip." Stiles wiggled his eyebrows at her humorously. He had to admit to himself that he clearly only made cracks like that to see Y/N smile and laugh. His favorite sight to see.