i don't need you right now

Y/N POV

    I sat in the chair, keeping my eyes on Stiles' cautiously. He'd been chewing his bottom lip and bouncing his left leg simultaneously.  The anxious look in his eyes as he stared at the hospital tile floor kept me on my toes, hoping he wouldn't do anything irrational here in public.

  My heart ached for him. One, being literally for him. I'd been pathetically and hopelessly crushing on this boy for months. Second, being his current situation. 

   Sheriff. He'd been in the hospital since- recently, he's just passed the 24-hour mark. So, quite a while. The last person Stiles had genetically and mentally. He'd lost his mother early on, it's not like he had siblings. Now, his last caretaker was on the edge of leaving him; the last person who had any cheerful memories of him. Like, learning to ride a bike. First days of kindergarten. First birthdays.

  "I'm going to get some air." A voice snapped me from my thinking, making my head jolt up. I was met with an empty chair, and Stiles' back as he walked towards the front door. Easily I followed after him, jogging slightly to pace next to him.

  "Stiles, it'll be oka-"

"No, Y/N!"

   I jumped back at his violent scream, stopping in place. Stiles took a few steps, before sighing as he turned around to me.

 "You- don't you see it? He's dying! And I can't do anything about it!" He yelled, becoming more and more frustrated with it. 

  "We can hope-"

  "Y/N, if I wanted to go talk to motivational half-ass alpha, I would. Don't give me that 'hope' shit. Hope got me here in the first place! Hoping Scott would be helpful enough to save my dad- from whatever the hell did it!" Stiles snapped. I didn't dare meet my eyes with his, my gaze falling on the parking lot gravel, the wet grass, the shoelaces of his sneakers.

   "Stiles, I'm sorry." I huffed. "Yes, Scott may have made a wrong choice-"

 "May have?" Stiles scoffed. I narrowed my eyes at him in annoyance.

   "He's trying to help. He's trying to take full responsibility for his title as True Alpha. Do you see a constant here, Stiles? T-r-y-i-n-g." I spelled out. Stiles said nothing, looking down.

  "You know, Stiles. I saw something in you." I nodded. "Something in my stupid little head said 'that there is a good guy. He's- he has his goals, his dreams.'. Now, all I see is someone who threw that all away as soon as things got hard."

  "Things didn't just get hard for me, Y/N, okay?!" He shouted, anger evident. "Things have been, actually, very hard for me. But sure. Let me know when you become possessed with an ancient spirit that makes you murder for fun and games."

  "And you know what-" He huffed, walking closer to me. "I'm trying. Alright? I'm trying to get help. But every time I do, I somehow manage to fuck it up."

   "Then let me help you, Stiles." I breathed out, grabbing both of his hands. His pupils snapped directly to mine, giving me all of his attention.

   "Let me help." I whispered, leaning in. When Stiles simply glanced at my lips, I took action and leaned all the way in, pressing my lips to his. They were warm, but refreshing. I sighed at the feeling, but it was cut off as he pulled away.

  I looked at him, and at this moment-

     I'd wished I hadn't.

  He was shaking his head, his eyes screwed shut. He ripped his hands from mine and placed them on either side of his head.

   "I- I- I don't need this right now. I don't need you right now, Y/N. You- I... my dad. It's so much and-"

 "No." I gulped, nodding. I pursed my lips and let out another breath, giving him a reassuring nod. "I- I get it."

   "No, Y/N, believe me-"

"Stiles, can we just- just drop it? I really don't want to confront the fact that this is one-sided and the much more prominent fact that I am ridiculous and stupid for even thinking about something as silly as liking someone in this type of situation-"

  "We need to talk abou-"

 "No, Stiles!" I shut him down, clenching my teeth as I shouted angrily. I saw a slight flinch as he nodded, relaxing. 

  "I think-" I started, taking steps the opposite way. Towards my car. "I think this is where I leave."

 "Y/N, I-"

   "Stiles."

He shut up, but his mouth slightly hung open as I took more steps. His eyes worriedly glanced from the distance between us, back to my eyes.

  "You- you're leaving?" He said, his voice breaking out in a whisper. I bit my lip, slowly nodding.

  "Yeah." I said, fully turning my body around. "I'm leaving."

   I looked away and made my steps quicker, my car becoming closer and closer. I jogged the last few feet, gripping the handle quickly. I ripped open the door and jumped in, slamming it closed. I instantly put my hands on the wheel. I breathed out, shocking myself when it came out unsteady, uneven.

   I shut my eyes before opening them quickly as I spun around in the drivers seat, looking to Stiles.

The boy who had taken his place on the ground, knees bent, elbows perched on them as he held his head in his hands. As his back jolted and sounds of muffled sobs made it through my car walls.

_________________________________________________________________

A/N:: so. sad stiles happened. and, let me know if part two should happen. because I can make it happen. because i love you

      and here again, love you guys