soul mate AU

THIRD PERSON

Y/N, slumped down in her assigned seat, twiddled with the oddly shaped pendant on her necklace. It's edges were smooth, but they looked like the sides of a puzzle piece. Although, that is what it was. She knew that.

The necklace she has had since she was born, the necklace everyone got when they were born. A small pendant hung on a chain, unique. But, the thing is, every pendent had a fitting piece. That fitting piece would adorn the necklace of the person you were meant to be with, supposed to be with. It would warm up and give you a feeling like no other, when you see them. The one who would love you unconditionally and forever.

Y/N was getting nervous. It was senior year and nothing. No one had come sweeping in to match her pendant. She had started to think she was faulty, that her necklace wasn't ever going to warm and show her whoever she was supposed to love.

She sighed and shook her head, pulling her notebook out of the bag next to her and dropped it on her desk, grabbing a pencil as well. Y/N opened it and began writing the date.

"I think that should be everyone-" The teacher began, until he was interrupted by loud scuffling and heavy breaths, the squeak of shoes echoing from whoever ran in.

"Sorry, sorry! My jeep door jammed and I was locked in, so I started going at with- with the screwdriver and-"

    "I assume you are Mr. Stilinski?" The teacher sighed. Y/N gave a little chuckle, before freezing. Her chest felt warm, the pendant metal heating against her skin.

   Her head shot up to look. Her eyes scanned her classmates, seeing all of them focused on something else, none giving their necklace the same perplexed look. Y/N bit her lip nervously and gave one last hopeful look, glancing to who just ran in.

   She watched the stuttering brunette stop trying to talk to the teacher, and look down to his shirt. His hands fumbled to dive down his collar, pulling his pendant out. Y/N grew red, unable to contain her smile. It was him.

    She felt it. Immediately. She suddenly loved the way his brown hair almost brushed his forehead. The moles along his cheek added to the prominence of his cheek bones. His pink lips were parted as he searched the classroom.

   His eyes found her, and her hand tightly gripped around her pendant. And he knew.

  "Yeah," he finally responded. "Stiles Stilinski."

   Y/N nodded and the name, before discreetly mouthing it to herself. It felt right, to say his name.

   "Well, Mr. Stilinski-" The teacher grumbled, unaware of the miracle. "I've heard stories and I want to tell you ahead of time that I will not tolerate it. There should be an empty seat next to Y/N, she should be a good influence-"

   Stiles nodded, not even bothering to listen to the rest as he rushed down the isle of desks, crashing into his seat. He ripped off his backpack and looked over to meet eyes with- Y/N. God, even her name was beautiful, he thought to himself.

   It was her. The one his dad said he would always find. The one his dad ensured existed because the Stilinski had gotten nervous since it was senior year and he had yet to find her. Until now.

   "Okay." The teacher huffed. "So, with this semester, we will-"

   "Hey." Stiles whispered to her, the smile still on his face. He watched her cheeks become pink when she looked directly to his eyes.

   "Hey." She whispered back.

  There was a silence, besides the teacher talking, until the two reached for the clasps of their necklace. They slowly took them off, grabbing their pendant with two fingers. They gave a nervous, anxious look as they neared the two. Closer and closer-

   Until they perfectly lined up together, fitting like puzzle pieces.

   The two didn't bother hiding how happy they were as they looked up from the pendants, smiling like little kids.

   "Looks like you're stuck with me." Stiles chuckled quietly, licking his lips. Y/N watched the movement and decided it was a habit of his she would never get tired of seeing.

    "I think I'm pretty okay with that." Y/N smiled.

   Stiles grinned and nodded, before reluctantly looking to his desk. He pulled out his own notebook and reached for a pencil. Well, he tried. His hand found an empty pocket. He huffed, until he watched Y/N's hand set a pencil on his desk. He grinned and looked over to her.

   "Thanks." He whispered. She nodded.

    "What are soulmates for." She shrugged.

   Stiles adjusted to the word and couldn't help when his leg began bouncing and he looked down to his paper so everyone couldn't question why the kid who was late couldn't stop smiling.

   But he knew.

  I, he thought, Stiles Stilinski, have finally found my soulmate.

  He looked to her once more, seeing her focused gaze on the board.

   And she is perfect.

[a/n]

  ta da! how cute!! i've never done a soulmate thing before, so i hope you enjoyed it!
  side note, this is the fluffiest i've ever written stiles, he's such a cute-patootie

   love you guys!