i hate coyotes

this is for @tj_kian

    Talia's POV

"Stiles?" I called down the hallway, as I carried his bag. He had rushed to the locker room, after freaking out in front of the classroom.

  This scared the hell out of me. Stiles wasn't exactly a social butterfly, but he wouldn't pass out from reading a paragraph to the class.

I wondered if it had anything to do with being ritually sacrificed in place of his dad... Probably, but why was a symptom of this not being able to read?

  I sighed as I lugged his bag to the locker room, walking in like I always do.

  "Stiles?" I called out again, standing in the soundless room.

  I groaned and dropped the bag, pulling my phone out of my back pocket. When I started to dial, I heard the smash of the glass window in the door and I screamed, putting my hands over my head.

  I ran away from the crash, ducking behind a wall of lockers. My breaths were heavy and quick, my body almost shaking from fear.

  What the hell smashed the window?

  I shut my eyes, taking a deep breath as I peered around the corner, my sight catching a gray coyote.

  "Talia?"

My body snapped around, my mouth almost letting out a squeal before a hand slapped over it.

"Hey. Hey, shh..." I relaxed when I saw Stiles, his voice instantly calming me down. I took in his facial features, suddenly nervous that we were so close.

  I slowly nodded and he took his hand off my mouth, then wrapped his arm around me, pulling me close. I shuffled closer to him, trying to make as little noise as possible.

  I could still hear the click of the coyotes claws, tapping around the tiles of the locker room. I heard a ripping noise, more than likely his bag. What the hell could a coyote do with something in his bag?

  Squeezing my eyes shut, I tried to calm my self down, trying to think of anything else but this stupid coyote.

  Finally, the clicking stopped, and I slightly untensed. I opened my eyes and looked at Stiles, who nodded and began to stand up, bring me with him.

  "Oh my god, I hate coyotes." I whispered, shaking my head. I was now and forever- traumatized.

  "Well, it's gone now." Stiles sighed, as he peered around the lockers, stepping out from behind them.

  His arms were still around me, keeping me close even though the coyote was gone.

  I smiled to myself as I tried to memorize how it felt, to have him holding me like this. His arms gently keeping me within breathing distance, warming my body up, sending tingles up and down my arms.

  His hands were caressed around my upper arms, keeping me there in his hold. His hands almost big enough to entirely grab my arm.

  "Are you okay?" He whispered, looking down at me.

  I did a double-check over my body, not seeing much.

  "I'm fine. Alive, I guess." I sighed.

"That's good." He smiled, chucking at my answer. I shook my head at him, resting my forehead on his chest.

  He took a deep breath and rubbed my arms, pulling me in even more, fully hugging me.

  "As long as you're safe." I heard him say, his cheek resting on the top of my head.

  "How cliche." I scoffed, giggling lightly.

  "Almost as cliche as liking your best friend." He let out.

  I cinched my eyebrows and backed up, looking at him, surprised.

  His eyes widened, realizing he'd just announced his thoughts out loud.

  "I'm- so sorry. I didn't mean to, like, make it weird..." He stuttered, fear quickly taking over.

  "Don't worry." I smiled. "It's not weird."

  "Yeah, but now you know. And now, you think I'm weird and you don't like me, so now it's even weirder-"

  I softly placed my lips on his, almost offended that he thought I didn't like him.

  He made a surprised noise, which was muffled against my lips, before he instantly moved his lips against mine.

  Stiles placed his hands on my cheeks, cupping them while also making sure my lips didn't leave his.

  I slid my arms through his, clasping my hands around his neck. This felt right. Kissing him. Moving them sensually against each other, expressing our mutual feelings in one action.

  "Oh my god..." I heard Stiles mumble against my lips. I almost giggled at the fact he was so awed that I was kissing him.

  I pulled away, receiving a much needed breath of air. Seeing Stiles eyes still slightly closed, made me smile.

  He fully opened them, staring directly into my eyes, a large smile on his face.

  "I just kissed you." He breathed out.

  "Yes, Stiles." I nodded, smiling.

"And you kissed me." He assured himself.

  I nodded my head, chuckling.

"That was amazing." He admitted.

  I pecked his lips again, but only a peck before leaning back in place.

  I caught his eyes widening, before he smiled again.

  "So- we date now, right? Or, unless you're not like, into that, or anything. Like, commitment. We could just be like friends with benefits. Or, just friends that happen to kiss-"

  "Stiles!" I laughed, cutting off his rambling. He froze, stopping his speech immediately.

  "Yes. We can date now." I smiled.

He let out a huge breath, chuckling that he'd freaked out so much. But then he thought more and paused.

  "We can still do the whole benefits thing though, right?"

  "Yes, Stiles. We can definitely do that."
__________________
A/N:: IM SO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG

   <3 you guys sososo much