too late

requested by @obrienismybaby

KIARA'S POV

     Gripping my daggers in my hands, we all walked to the abandoned building. Scott followed Lydia's scent here and everyone was ready.

   Ready to fight.

Allison, Kira, Stiles, my brother Scott, even Isaac was here to help. We all cautiously walked past the broken fences, the eerie feeling evident as the moon shined dimly on the wet pavement.

    "Stiles, you need to go look for Lydia. The rest of us will wait." Scott nodded. Stiles' tired eyes widened, shaking his head as he looked between me and Scott.

  "No way, I'm staying out here with Kiara." He argued.

  "Stiles, I'll be fine." I sighed, walking up to him. "I promise."

   Stiles didn't falter, looking down to me with uncertainty.

   "Go." I nodded, placing my hand on his arm. "I'll be out here when you come back."

   Stiles sighed and with one last long gaze into my own eyes, he gave in.

  "I love you." I smiled. A small breathy laugh escaped and he nodded.

   "I love you too."

  Stiles ran off into the building, and we all readier, watching as the Oni appeared from the dark, out of nowhere.

   All of us immediately engaged, metal clinging with metal. My body swiftly moved as I dodged blades over and over.

  I crossed blades and looked over to Allison, who aimed an arrow. She released and when it sunk, the Oni screeched and soon, became a puff of black dust on the ground. I watched as the blade hit the ground, silence filling the air.

   "Kiara!"

  A seering pain in my torso quickly made way, making me look. The Oni had appeared in front of me, blade sunk into my torso. Tears fell and it pulled it out, making me wince in pain. My hand reached up to hold it, my body falling over. I grunted and waited for the ground, but arms caught me. I looked up, seeing Scott's worried eyes.

   "No, no, no. Kiara, you can't- this isn't-" He hurried, his hand slapping over my own as he held the wound. It hurt like hell, and so much-

    I knew it was over.

My breath hitched in my throat, and I felt blood spatter onto my chin as I coughed.

   "No, Kiara. You hold on. You keep holding on. Wait- wait for Stiles. He'll- he needs you, Kiara." Scott rushed, tears falling. "I need you."

   "Tell- tell him." I whispered, wincing as speaking tensed the wound. "You have to tell Stiles, I- I love him."

  "You're telling him yourself." Scott rushed, gripping my arms. I shook my head barely, a small smile.

   "It's okay." I whispered.

"No, it's not." Scott let out.

     "Make sure he's okay." I nodded, relaxing my body. My eyes fell to the sky, body racking in tough breaths.

    "Kiara, no." Scott sobbed.

"I want him happy, Scott." I whispered.

     "Just make sure he's happy-

STILES' POV

   Lydia and I stumbled out of the building, seeing there was no Oni. Everyone was standing still, some staring off, some looking to the ground.

    "Is it over?" I asked a loud. Everyone looked at me, tears on their face and in their eyes. I walked forward, letting Lydia stand on her own. I found Scott cradling a girl.

    Kiara.

My entire body froze. This wasn't happening. I'm dreaming. I'm still hallucinating. This isn't real.

   "Stiles, I'm so sorry." Allison cried. I flickered my eyes to her before back to Scott, who slowly rose his head. His eyes were red and his skin was blotched.

   The body in his arms still, staring up to the sky. Blood stained her yellow shirt and jacket, hands limp on the ground.

    I slowly walked closer, my knees dropping to the floor next to them. It hurt but it didn't matter.

   Scott leaned her to me, letting her rest in my arms. A small cough of tears erupted at the feel of her heavy body not breathing. Staring lifeless-ly to the sky.

  "No, no, no, no." I choked out, shaking my head. My mouth turned into a grown as my brows furrowed, tears rolling quickly. "You're- you're okay. You're here. You can wake up, Kiara."

  Nothing.

"It's- it's not funny." I sobbed, water falling to her cheeks. I swiped them away, my thumb shaky as hell. Her face was already paler, her lips held three small drops of blood.

   My body shook as I wiped away the blood, leaning my lips down to hers. My lips tinged when met with her's, but nothing. No response.

   I leaned back, water blurring my eyesight. My fingers shook as I placed them above her eyes, pulling her eyes closed gently.

   "I'm so sorry." I whispered. "I love you. I- you can't be gone. I love you, Kiara. That has to mean something."

  When nothing happened, I shut my eyes, the pain my heart felt as it literally contracted. I sucked in a deep breath, gently putting her down. Her hair laid beneath her, pillowing her head.

   "I'm so sorry. . ."

A/N::
wow was this depressing. hurts too. wow. I'm sad.

  okay.

love you guys.