dancing lovebirds

this is for juliette_obrien

   Juliette's POV

It's happening.

I was actually going to formal with Stiles.

Granted, it was just as friends- but I could work with this. We were going to a dance together, all dressed up, and we were going to dance. Just like I imagine it.

My high hopes were no doubt going to be let down, but hey- I could dream?

I slipped on my other heel, taking my final look in the mirror. My dark blue dress went well with my curled hair that was pinned up, matching the dark blue strap heels that, actually Lydia had picked out.

I took a deep breath, before leaving my room and walking down the stairs, catching the attention of my family at the bottom.

"You look beautiful." My mom signed, almost having to wipe a tear.

"Mom-" I chuckled. "This is Winter Formal. Not my wedding day."

"Oh shush." She huffed, laughing.

I heard a certain jeep pull into the driveway and my nerves sky-rocketed.

Mom must've noticed because she put her hand on my arm, giving me a soft smile.

"If he doesn't swoon over you tonight, he's not worth it."

"That's what every mom has to say to their single daughter." I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"Someone's particularly snappy tonight." My mom said, raising her eyebrows.

"I'm sorry." I sighed. "I'm just- nervous."

"There's no need. You and Stiles are closer than anyone I've ever seen. Tonight will be like hanging out with him at his house. Except he's wearing a tux. And you're in heels."

I chuckled, shaking my head just as my dad opened the front door.

Stiles instantly looked up from his shoes, his eyes going wide as they set on me.

"You... Look- amazing. Like, really really- beautiful." He stuttered out, still staring.

"Thanks." I smiled. "You look very handsome."

He grinned to himself, taking a look down at his tux and digging his hands in his pockets.

"So- ready?" He asked, looking at me.

I smiled and nodded, saying a goodbye to my parents as Stiles grabbed my hand, walking me to the car.

He opened my door, giving me a goofy grin when I smiled at him.

Here we go.

Stiles parked at the school, quickly turning off the car and jumping out. I questioned his speed, until I saw him pop up next to my door and open it.

"I could've opened it." I smirked at him as he helped me down.

"What kind of man would I be if I let you do that?" He mocked, shrugging his shoulders.

He shut my door and reattached his hand to mine.

"Ready to dance?" He smiled nervously.

"Definitely." I sighed, instantly realizing how forward that was. But Stiles didn't say anything, so I let it be.

We walked in, hand in hand to the gymnasium. Music instantly reached my ears, but it wasn't too loud.

I immediately recognized the song, and it seemed Stiles did too.

"Oh, we are dancing to this one." He quickly nodded, dragging me to the dance floor. I laughed as we jerked and swerved through the sea of students, before Stiles finally reached a place we could dance.

He turned around, placing his hands on the bottom of my back as I wrapped my arms loosely around his neck.

"Why this one?" I asked, tilting my head as I looked up at him.

"It's your favorite song." He shrugged, like it was obvious information.

I tuned my ears in, recognizing the familiar beat I loved.

"I can't believe you remember that." I chucked. I probably told him I liked this song, maybe years ago.

  "Of course I do." He smiled. "I also remember you said you liked it because it reminds you of that dumb guy you dated in seventh grade."

  "Oh, yeah!" I laughed. "You really remember that?"

  "I remember hating that guy..." He chuckled, nodding.

  "Why? It's not like he cheated on me or anything.." I shrugged. We just broke up mutually.

  I might have to thank him. If I hadn't broke up with him, I don't think I would've fallen for Stiles.

  "Because-" he sighed. "He was dating you."

  My eyebrows cinched, not exactly getting it.

  "What does that mean?"

"It means I was jealous." He admitted. "He got to date the literal girl of my dreams while here I was, Stiles- the best friend."

  My heart fluttered but broke at the same time. He actually liked me?

  And I hadn't noticed until now?

We could've been the ones dating in seventh grade. But we both hid our feelings.

  "Sorry... I- this is probably weird now. I wasn't planning on this, but it just-"

  I cut him off, slamming my lips to his. I felt him have an intake of breath, before he gave in and moved his lips against mine.

  After a little while, I broke apart and opened my eyes. Stiles cheeks had a pinkish tone, just as he opened his eyes.

  "Wow." He breathed out, a smile barely on his lips.

  "Yeah.." I mumbled, slightly dazed from the kiss we just had.

  "So- you like me now?" He smiled hopefully.

  "I've liked you for a while." I blushed, finally admitting.

  His eyes almost widened.

    "Really?"

  "Really." I nodded, slightly chuckling. He sighed, a full smile drawn on his face.

  He leaned in again, putting his lips on mine. I almost moaned at the sudden fierceness of Stiles, but continued to move my lips.

  "Hey! Stilinski!"

We both broke apart, searching for the yelling voice. I saw Coach pointing at us.

  "Keep those to each other." He warned, before walking away.

  I looked at Stiles, laughing but he just pressed his lips against mine again.

  "Stiles." I giggled, pulling away. "Are you trying to get us kicked out?"

   "I just found out the girl of my dreams likes me back. I'm going to kiss you." He slightly laughed, before putting his lips back on mine.

  "I don't mind..." I whispered against his lips, before kissing him back.
__________________
A/N:: hope you like it!

  <3 you guys so much