awkward bus trips

Y/N POV

   I huffed and shoved my bag over the racks that were attached to the roof of this field trip bus. Being part of the track team, I was being forced to attend to a meet so far away that we had to take a bus.

   With the lacrosse team.

Now, I'd be totally fine with riding on a bus with a bunch of hot guys-

   but one of them was my ex.

Yes, the infamous Stiles Stilinski. Also, the ex. One that, by the way, I wish wasn't one.

  He had broken up with me, saying 'something wasn't right' or something like 'I can't handle us right now'.

  Need less to say, I was heart broken.

   I plopped down into one of the bus seats as more players and runners piled on, finding seats with their friends and instantly bringing up conversation.

  "Hey."

I looked up, seeing Isaac as he sat down next to me in my seat.

  "Hey." I smiled back, looking to my fiddling fingers in my lap.

  "How are you?" He asked. I shrugged, replying how I always do.

  "Fine."

"No-" Isaac shook his head. "I meant about the whole 'I'm gonna be on a bus for 6 hours with no others girls and my ex sitting three seats behind me' thing. How's that going?"

   "Not well at all, but thanks for reminding me." I mockingly smiled. He shrugged and glanced behind us.

   "Well not for him either. I can smell his jealousy all the way up here." Isaac scoffed. My eyebrows cinched, looking to him confused.

  "Stiles? Jealous? No, why would he? He broke up with me." I shook my head.

  "Did he want to?" Isaac raised his eyebrows. I sighed and looked back to my hands, not having a response. I didn't know. All I knew was that he did it and ripped my heart in the process.

  "You should talk to him." Isaac blurted. I scoffed and shook my head.

  "You should shut up." I said back. In the corner of my eye, I watched Isaac roll his eyes at me.

  "I'm doing something about it. The awkwardness is extremely acrid." Isaac said, giving a disgusted look. Before I could say anything, he'd already stood up.

  I watched him walk back to Stiles and Scott's seat, trying not to look obvious. Isaac said something and Stiles instantly shook his head and pointed to Scott. Isaac rolled his eyes and pulled Stiles out of the seat, sat in his spot, and pointed to my seat with an authoritative look.

   I spun around, looking straight ahead. God, Isaac, you won't live through the night if he actually-

   "Hey."

I looked up seeing Stiles give me a small smile. I returned it, nervously looking away.

  "Do you mind if I sit?" Stiles asked. I looked to the seat and then him, shaking my head 'no'.

  He softly sat, making every attempt for nothing of his to be touching any of me, not even his jacket. The same jacket I used to love to wear.

   "How are you?" He asked, trying to keep conversation. I sighed.

  "What did Isaac say?"

Stiles eyes widened and he fidgeted nervously.

   "He told me that- we, um, needed to talk it out or else me and him were going to "talk" it out."

   I chuckled and shook my head.

"You two aren't dating, are you?" Stiles asked, a slight sad tone to his voice. I looked to him, shaking my head.

   "No, he just could smell your- um, jealousy."

   Stiles' cheeks reddened, making me almost let out a giggle.

   "Oh." He nodded slowly. I nodded along, feeling the awkward set in.

   "It's just-" Stiles sighed, shrugging. "I didn't want you to be with him. After, you know, all that we have."

   "Had." I corrected. "All that we had, since you broke up with me. Remember?"

  Stiles' shoulders slumped, defeated.

   "Yeah. That was the first night I saw you cry because of me. The first night I hated myself." He mumbled, looking to his lap with teary eyes.

  I felt the bus jolt forward as it began to move, driving off to the track meet.

   "You knew what you were doing." I said. "You can't feel that bad, since you were the one the break it off."

  "But I didn't want to!" Stiles looked at me. I was taken back by his bluntness.

   "What?" I breathed out. Stiles shook his head.

  "I didn't want to. It was- before you knew. About Scott. Derek. Isaac. I- I thought I was protecting you. Keeping you away. Then you found out. But, by that time it was too late. I knew you wouldn't take me back. I'd said so many horrible things, just so you would leave me- so many things I didn't mean." Stiles explained. My hand moved over my mouth in astonishment.

   "So, I stayed away. Well, as best as I could with you being part of the same group and all..." He shrugged.

   I looked at him in awe and confusion. Awed in the fact he's tried to hard to get me away, that he broke us apart just to keep me safe. To keep the one he loves out of harms way. And confused by the part where he thought I wouldn't take him back.

   "Stiles. Stilinski." I said, getting his attention.

    "If you think for one second that I wouldn't still love you after you left me, you must be the stupidest guy alive."

   Stiles' eyes widened.

"And if you think for one second that after you just explained that, we aren't back together-"

   Stiles slammed his lips on mine, placing both of his hand gently on either side of my head. I let out a breath, easing into the kiss with pleasure.

    "The luckiest man alive." He mumbled, before kissing me again.

_____________________
A/N:: sorry I've been gone for a while. I'm working on something HUGE for you guys. a Christmas gift just for you. or, just a gift, if you don't do that sort of thing. I don't leave out any one : )

    love you guys <3