right place, right time

THIRD PERSON [4 hours ago]

Y/N's eyes scanned the hall quickly for her best friend, Stiles Stilinski. Current best friend, old crush. She had moved on now. She had a boyfriend, around the same time Stiles had broken up with his girlfriend, Malia. So, she was over him.

Right?

Y/N sighed in relief when she spotted Stiles at his locker, getting ready to shut it and leave. She rushed over, her shoes creating a loud scuffing noise which gained his attention. The same smile as always rose on his lips as he watched Y/N approached him. He had always gotten the same feeling when she stood with him. Warm, fuzzy, inexplicably nervous and hopelessly in love with his best friend.

"Stiles, okay, thank god." She huffed from the run. Stiles rose his eyebrow accusingly, confused.

"What's the matter?"He asked, becoming concerned. Y/N shook off his worry.

"Minor problem. So, Lydia was supposed to drive me to the theater to meet Josh, but she forgot she's staying behind to help Kira with Chemistry, so I need a ride." Y/N finished slowly, praying Stiles would agree.

Stiles shattered on the inside. But, not that she could see that. His blood ran cold and he suddenly had an unbelievable anger towards Josh.

"Uh, yeah, I guess. Sure." He sighed, shrugging. As much as he hated her boyfriend, he would hate himself more if he didn't help make her happy.

Y/N sighed in relief again. "You are truly a life saver, Stilinski. I have no idea what I would do without you."

   All Stiles could think about was how much more that sentence meant to him than she intended.

  [CURRENT TIME]

  It had been about two hours since Stiles dropped Y/N off at the theatre. He hadn't seen Josh outside to make sure she got there safe, but then again, Stiles didn't expect anything chivalrous from that douche.

   Y/N texted him that the movie was over and since Josh could walk to the theatre and had no good bone in his body to drive his girlfriend himself, Stiles drove to go pick her up. Like the good friend he was.

   Friend.

   Stiles' blue keep swung into the basically empty parking lot. The lights from the lamp posts were basically the only sense of sight he had besides the ones on the theatre building.

   Spotting the two talking in front of the doors, he decided to park in one of the front parking spaces, letting Y/N come when she wanted.

   He picked at the leather of his seat in boredom, before looking up to the couple. Stiles winced and curled his lips in disgust when he watched Y/N hug her boyfriend goodbye.

   Stiles watched as Josh spoke to her, a confused look on his face. Y/N shrugged and jabbed her thumb in his direction, making Stiles sit up straighter in his seat.

   Josh looked a bit pissed now. His arms were thrown into the air, his moving quickly and violently as he, to Stiles' guess, yelled. Y/N looked like she had begun to become just as angry, throwing her arms as well. Stiles watched the two bicker and step closer.

  He was getting nervous. What were they talking about? What were they arguing about?

  Stiles saw Y/N shake her head and begin to walk off, until Josh grabbed her wrist, spinning her back to him. Y/N ripped her wrist from his grasp and Josh looked unspeakably angrier.