she has nothing to do with this

this is for @averie_stilinski

Averie's POV

"Come on, Stiles." I groaned from the passenger seat.

Stiles had to pull into the school parking lot to fix his yet-again inefficient jeep.

"Okay okay. Hold on." He sighed.

I let out a huge breath and shut my eyes, leaning back in my chair. Might as well rest while I'm waiting.

A scream from Stiles immediately shot my eyes open. I looked out my window to see Donovan with his hand on Stiles' shoulder.

I let out a shriek and reached for the bat, gripping the handle with my sweaty hands. I quickly hopped out and walked up to them, swinging the bat at Donovan's head.

Blood flew from his mouth when I hit his face and he fell to the ground. Stiles quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me, running towards the school.

We burst through the hall doors, mindlessly running towards the library. Stiles quickly swiped his card and turned around, his eyes widening.

I quickly glanced and Donovan was catching up.

Stiles yanked me in, rushing me to a tall library shelf. He held me on the front of his body, wrapping his arms around me.

I suddenly felt a hand grip my shoulder and yank me through the shelf, ripping me from Stiles' arms.

I screamed and Donovan dragged me away, until he reached the center of the library.

"Let her go!" Stiles yelled, hiding somewhere. I felt Donovan laugh behind me.

"I'm actually thinking on keeping her. She looks... tasteful."

My blood ran cold and I knew, I had to start fearing for my life.

"She has nothing to do with this!" Stiles yelled again, still not visible.

"Oh, but she does! She's with you, isn't she!" He psychotically laughed.

"I swear, if you hurt her-"

"You'll what, Stilinski? What are you gonna do?" Donovan snarled, holding me tighter.

"Just let her go! Take- take me instead!" Stiles yelled, coming out from behind a shelf. I felt Donovan chuckle slowly.

"Then drop the wrench, Stiles."

I looked at Stiles hand, the one tightly clasping the wrench in his hand. He slowly stepped forward, lowering his hand to the ground.

He was almost right in front of us, when he looked up at me.

"Duck."

He swung his arm, smashing the wrench into Donovan's head. I ducked like he said, and Donovan's hold on me left,

I quickly went to Stiles, holding him.
~

Me and Stiles were now in his bathroom, me sitting on the counter while Stiles tended to my scratches from the shelves.

"I should've made you stay in the car..." He whispered, shaking his head. He dipped the washcloth back into the pinkish water and brought it back to my arm.

"You couldn't have possibly known, Stiles."

"But even after he attacked me! I pulled you into that school, Averie!" He raised his voice, throwing the cloth on the other side of the counter.

"And I still would've jumped out of that car." I said, grabbing his face. I pulled his face in front of mine, making him look at me.

"Whatever you go through, I'm right here with you. I'm here for you." I said, easing my touch.

"What if you got hurt? I mean, like... something I couldn't just wipe away with this washcloth?" He sighed, a frown etched on his face.

"Then we'll get through that. We always do." I smiled, pressing my lips to his.

  He moved his lips against mine, setting his hands on my hips.

   "I love you." He mumbled against my lips, leaning in further.

"I love you too." I smiled.