happy birthday

THIRD PERSON

   Y/N smiled as she spread out the picnic blanket, taking a seat next to Stiles. Usually, for his birthday, they had their own little picnic. Stiles didn't really celebrate his birthday, but it was something Y/N needed. Something she did just to show one more way she really loves him.

  She opened the picnic basket and hummed as she set the glass down, pulling out a few sandwiches and apple slices.

   "I'm so glad it's a nice day." She chuckled, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Last year, the rain was rough, but I mean, I had a umbrella anyway. I wouldn't miss your birthday for anything, Stilinski."

   She smiled to herself and placed the bouquet of flowers on the ground next to her, because she knew as much as Stiles wouldn't admit it- he liked receiving flowers just as much as she did. She had his favorite today- tulips. Sometimes he went with daisies, but she knew his real favorite was tulips, yellow tulips to be specific.

    "Now, I know you wouldn't want me splurging on you- but don't worry. The woman at the market, Jules, gave me a pretty good discount. She notices I come there every so often for flowers for you so maybe she thought it would save me mountains of money. Well, for whatever reason it was, the gesture was sweet nonetheless."

   Y/N looked around as she began to look at her set up for their picnic, before she scoffed and gently knocked her own head. "Duh."

    She shoveled through the basket once more, pulling out a card. "I got you this, so- you know, I'll just read it. Convey the emotion better, and all that."

    Y/N cleared her throat before speaking,

 "Mieczyslaw Stilinski, or your more favored name- Stiles. You know, side note, I actually like your real name. It's unique. But- I'm getting off track. Already! Anyways- Today, we are celebrating your 20th birthday. Now, this may not be as monumental as your 18th was, but it's still your birthday. So, I am going to name 20 things I love about you. Bear with me, you might already know these. One, you're selfless. No matter what, your first thought is always me, or how I feel. You put other's safety and well being as a priority and to me, that's incredible. Okay, two- you're humor. Three, your eyes. Four, your hugs. Five, of course, your kisses. Six, your hair. Seven, your love for me, duh. Eight, the way you ramble when you're nervous. Nine, how genius you are. Ten, how clever you are. Eleven-"

   Y/N paused as she felt a tear roll down her cheek and she chuckled. She was crying at her own cheesiness. She wiped it away and took a deep breath, continuing.

    "Eleven, your persistence. Twelve, how much you love your father. Thirteen, your detective side. Fourteen, the way you insist that everything in your jeep can be fixed with duct tape. Fifteen, how in love you are with your jeep, which may be more than me. Kidding! Sixteen, your god awful handwriting and how much you insisted on me writing anything for you because you were convinced my handwriting was amazing. Seventeen, the way you lick your lips when you're thinking or when you're nervous. Eighteen, how you love me enough to sit through those lovey dovey movies. Nineteen, the nights where you argue the benefits of watching an action movie over a lovey dovey movie. And finally, twenty- when you love, you love with your whole heart. And that, Stilinski, is admirable."