you're still Stiles

this is for @averie_stilinski

     Averie's POV

"Stiles? Stiles, where are you? It's like 10 o'clock at night." I sighed into the phone.

"I- I'm on the way. Don't... I'm coming." He stuttered nervously. I'd known Stiles long enough to know that something was definitely up.

"Are you okay? You sound- out of breath?" I raised an eyebrow, although I was well aware he couldn't see.

"Yeah." He quickly said. "I just- stopped at the school to patch up the jeep."

I sighed, giving in. "Okay."

As soon as I said that, he hung up. I shut off my phone and threw it on the couch, along with myself.

   What's up with him? He sure as hell didn't sound okay. What happened at the school?

  I probably sat there for a good 10 minutes until I heard Stiles' jeep rumble into the driveway. I sprung up from the couch, quickly heading to the front door.

  Swinging it open, Stiles was just beginning to walk up the porch and his head snapped up from looking at the ground to me.

  "Hi." I spoke up, walking out onto the porch.

  "Hey." He breathed out, stopping a the top of the stairs. Stiles looked a little on edge, slightly fidgeting his fingers against each other.

  "You okay?" I asked, tilting my head. His eyes were flying everywhere, their gaze on anything else but me.

  "Fine." He sighed, keeping his eyes on his hands now. Until one hand reached up, gripping his shoulder.

  "Something wrong?" I asked, trying to step closer. He flinched back, shaking his head.

  "I'm fine. Just- hit it on the hood." He stuttered, still gripping it.

  When he removed his hand, a blood stain was prominent on his shirt, also seeping through to the palm of his hand. My eyes widened, as I fully went to stand in front of him.

  "Stiles, there's blood."

He glanced at me and then to his bloody hand, sighing.

  "I'm fine." He waved it off.

"You're obviously not!" I suddenly raised my voice. "Just tell me what's wrong!"

  "Nothing!" He shouted back, taking a deep breath after.

  "Nothing." He said again, lowering his voice.

  "Stiles-" I sighed, tears pricking the corners of my eyes. "Why won't you tell me?"

  "I told you-"

"No." I snapped. "Tell me what really happened, Stiles. No more bullshit."

  He sighed, his breath shaky and uneven. Stiles looked at his now shaking hands, clasping them together to stop them.

  "Okay." He nodded.

I let out a breath of relief, and softly nodded. "Go."

  "I- I was at the school and, while I was fixing the jeep-" he spoke slowly. "Donovan came behind me."

  "He was a chimera, Averie."

I had an intake of breath, almost surprised. We had guessed since he was missing, he'd turn up as one. But we still didn't know for sure. Until now.

  "He- he- he put his hand on my shoulder and bit it. His hand bit my shoulder. He was a Wendigo. I had to hit him with, with a wrench to get him off. Then... I ran into the school."

  "I had to hide in the library- be- behind a shelf. But he got me. He pulled me through and tried to get me again. So I- I climbed the scaffolding..." He sighed, looking down at his hands again as he took deep breaths.

  "He grabbed my leg and- and threatened to eat me. Averie, I- I didn't know what to do. I-I had to." He rushed, tears now forming.

  "Had to what, Stiles? What happened?" I followed up.

  "I pulled the pin." He spoke, his voice cracking. "The poles fell- and... I didn't know it was going to happen. I didn't mean for it to happen-"

  "Stiles..." I cooed, trying to calm his heavy breathing down. The last thing I want to happen is him to go into a panic attack.

  "They fell- and went straight through him." He whispered. "He died. He's dead. And when I got down- his eyes were still on me."

  My breath was hitched in my throat. Donovan was dead. Stiles killed him. But- if he hadn't- wouldn't Stiles be dead?

  "Averie, I killed him." He cried. "We- we're trying to save them and... I dropped a pole through one of them."

  My heart broke. Donovan was dead and we couldn't do anything to save him anymore. Granted, he wasn't the nicest kid but that doesn't mean he deserved death.

  Death. A chimera was dead. While Scott- oh my god. Scott. When he finds out, he'll be anything but forgiving.

  "Stiles." I finally spoke, slightly stepping towards him.

  "No." He snapped, almost stumbling down the steps. "I- I can't hurt you too."

  "You won't hurt me Stiles." I shook my head, proceeding to step closer.

"I-I killed one. You should... You should be angry, scared-"

  "Thankful." I interrupted.

He titled his head at my answer, his eyebrows furrowing.

  "What?" He whispered, stepping towards me now.

  "I'm thankful Stiles. If he had survived, that means you wouldn't have. And I'd be damned if anything happened to you now. Not after all we've been through. We've lost countless people and I'm not letting you join that. Yes, we are trying to save them- but not at the cost of our own lives." I shook my head.

  "But Scott-" he tried to say but I cut him off.

  "Scott doesn't get it yet. He can strut around with his Alpha eyes all he wants. That doesn't mean he knows best. He's still our age. We're still kids. We're still learning. And if there's anything I've learned from going through all this werewolf shit, it's that we can't save everyone. But, we can try." I reminded him.

  Stiles took in my words, still keeping his eyes on me as he thought. His face didn't change one bit but I could tell my words affected him.

  "You're- you're not mad?" He asked quietly. I let a soft smile finally take over, shaking my head.

"No. And I don't want you mad at yourself. You did what you had to, and I still love you." I insisted, putting my hands over his.

  He looked up in my eyes, his full of hope and surprise.

  "I will always love you. Nothing- will change that." I whispered, making Stiles smile.

"I love you too." He responded, his voice hoarse.

I smiled even bigger, and leaned forward, pressing my lips to his. He smiled even bigger against my lips, moving them against mine.

His hands pulled from mine, moving to my cheeks. Mine moved to the back of his neck, pushing his lips to mine.
___________________
A/N:: kinda of a bad ending but hope you like!

  AND OMG I SAW SCORCH TRAILS TODAY UGH 100% HOT DYLAN

   <3 you guys