he's an idiot

this is for MadisonGraceOBrien

Madison's POV

Two thoughts seemed to preoccupy my brain recently.

One, why the hell did I agree to Matt taking me to winter formal?

And two, why can't it be Stiles.

As much as I wanted Stiles to ask me, he wouldn't. The universe didn't want that. Now, I had no choice but to go with who asked me.

  Matt. He was ok. Generally smart, good with a camera. But he also had a creepy vibe. Or maybe I just say that cause Stiles doesn't like him.

Anyways, tonight was the formal and it was too late to change my mind.

  I was already being picked up by Matt. He insisted to take multiple pictures. Like, a lot.

He parked in the school parking lot, and I quickly opened my door and got out.

When I closed the door and looked at him, he was already on his way over to me.

"I would've opened the door." He tried to joke.

"Well, that's sexist. And stereotypical. I can open doors." I barfed out, tripping over my own words. I wanted nothing to do  with Matt, but he seems to have the opposite in mind.

"Well-" he sighed, gesturing to the school. "Shall we?"

"If we must." I said, pulling a fake smile. He linked his arm with mine and walked with me to the dance.

We walked past Stiles' blue jeep, which happened to be letting out Lydia and Stiles.

"Oh, hey Stilinski." Matt waved, catching Stiles attention.

He immediately frowned at us.

"You're taking Madison?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You're taking Lydia?" Matt retorted. Stiles looked taken back, and looked even angrier.

"Looks like we both have women out of our leagues." Matt tried to wink at me. No thank you.

I gave a small smile to Stiles before Matt continued walking into the school.

  As soon as we walked into the gym, I was instantly annoyed. Students were already grinding, taking 'secret' swigs from their liquor every now and then.

"Wanna dance?" Matt asked, waking toward the crowd.

"Actually-" I said, taking my arm from his. "I'm gonna get a drink."

I quickly walked away, towards the punch bowl.

I grabbed a plastic cup and filled it halfway, immediately drinking it. No one had spiked it yet, but I secretly wish they had. Anything to help me forget tonight.

  "Having fun?" I heard. I turned to Stiles who was sitting alone at a table behind me.

"Well, probably more than you are. Where's Lydia?" I asked, searching for her.

"Dancing with some jock. No worries though. It's fine." He shrugged, leaning back in his chair.

"That sucks." I said, sitting next o him. "Wanting someone, but they want someone else."

He looked at me quickly, tilting his head slightly, before finally nodding.

"Yeah." He said. "Yeah, it does."

We stayed silent until he spoke up, leaning up.

"Speaking of, how's Matt?" He questioned. I shrugged.

"He's not bad. He's just- I don't know." I sighed, not wanting to dwell on the detail that he wasn't Stiles.

"Well, just to let you know, he's an idiot." He said, nodding. "Yeah."

"Really?" I laughed.

"Yup. He may do his work, but the kid doesn't know common sense." He quickly added.

"Why do you hate Matt? Besides, the creepiness factor." I said.

Stiles eyes widened and he tried to recompose himself.

"He's just- he seems like someone I wouldn't like. Or hangout with. Like, if I was a girl- I wouldn't ever go out with him." He throughly explained.

"Oh." I nodded, looking down at the wood panel floors.

"Can we- like go outside? To talk, it's getting louder." Stiles said. I smiled and nodded, standing up just as he did.

  We left the gym, standing under the roof that blocked the current rain.

  "So, what's up?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Why Matt? What makes him so special?" He asked, throwing his arms up.

"Well, for one he was the only one that asked me." I said. Stiles quickly backed down, suddenly getting nervous.

"I would've." He said, quietly. My head shot up, eyes wide.

"What?" I whispered.

"Ya know, if you didn't go with Matt." He snapped. Where did that come from?

"Well, we can't all go with the person we want." I argued back.

"Who did you want to go with?" He quickly asked.

"You!" I yelled back. I let out a huge breath, shaking my head.

"It doesn't matter. Just go back with Lydia. I'll call Matt to take me home." I snapped, walking towards the car. I immediately got drenched, my curled hair became wet and flat.

"You!" He yelled back. I furrowed my eye brows and looked back at him. He started walking towards me, his hair immediately getting soaked along with his suit.

"What?" I asked. He continued walking towards me.

"I wanted to be here with you." He said loudly, now standing in front of me. My eyes widened.

"Me?" I asked, surprised,

"It's always been you." He nodded. "I didn't think you wanted to go with me so Allison set me up with Lydia. And when I heard you were here with Matt, I couldn't stand it."

"So- no Lydia?" I wondered, taking a step closer to him.

He shook his head, rain flying off his strands of hair.

"Only you."

A smile broke on my face and I leaned in.

"Good."

I smashed my lips on his, the rain making our lips smoothly run against each other's. He put his hands on my lower back while I tangled my hands in his wet hair.

We broke apart for air and I couldn't stop smiling.

"I've always wanted to do that."

He let out a chuckle. "Kiss in the rain?"

I shook my head, leaning in again.

   "Kiss you."

And my lips met his, continuing our kiss.
________________________
A/N:: hope you like it! <3 I like when stiles is in the rain and idk why it's a thing. i just like it alot