in love with the enemy (pt. 2)

THIRD PERSON

How could two related people be two completely different people?

According to Stiles, it was possible. Theo was the epitome of suspicion. He radiated things that would make the youngest child question him.

But Y/N was nothing like that, in Stiles' eyes.

She was kind, thoughtful, humorous, understanding, sweet, beautiful-

     And usually at this point Stiles had to be shaken from his thoughts of Y/N.

   Even if the image of her face clouded his mind, a slight nagging voice in the back of his head continued pressing
him about how she could be just like Theo.

    She could be along with his little devious plans, stringing along Stiles like a lovesick puppy. Not that he would ever accuse her of being that sort of person, but- it wasn't too late to cross anything off the list.

   "Hey, Scott?" Stiles asked, lifting up his head from his pillow. Scott looked to him from the desk chair, sparring his gaze from the research on the screen.

   "Yeah?"

"Do you-" Stiles sighed. "Could Y/N be, you know, like Theo?"

  "What do you mean 'like Theo'?" Scott raised an eyebrow.

   "He's sketchy, Scott. I don't like it. And with Y/N being related... I don't know." Stiles groaned, looking down to the floor in thought.

   "Not that I'm agreeing, but Stiles- have you even told her he's in town? Does she even know he's here?"

   And the next day, Stiles had one mission and one mission only.

   To decipher Y/N.

   He quickly scanned the high school hallway as the lunch bell rang, looking for the familiar hair. Stiles hadn't seen her all day and was hoping he wasn't doing this for nothing, whilst she was home sick or something.

   "Hey, Stiles." Y/N tapped his back from behind him. He jumped in place and spun around frantically, eyes widening in surprise.

   "Y/N, Y/N! Hey, I didn't, uh- I didn't see you. There." He sputtered out. She giggled and nodded, not necessarily in agreement.

   "Well, I was hoping we could walk together to lunch today?" She shrugged at the suggestion. Perfect, Stiles thought.

   The walked down the hallway behind the mass of rushing kids, neither of them in the same rush.

  "So, I- uh, do you have any family?" Stiles asked, trying to make it seem like he was genuinely just asking. Y/N held in a frown at the question, nodding sadly.

    "Yeah. A brother and- well, I used to have a sister, but... she passed." She slowly nodded, calming herself down.

   Stiles felt really bad.

"Oh- god, I'm sorry. That was really stupid of me, I totally didn't think about that-"

    "No, no-" Y/N chuckled, smiling at him. "There's really no way you could've known, so... It's just good to hear some one who really wants to get to know me."

    Stiles felt really guilty now.

  "Yeah." He smiled back.

  An awkward silence passed as they walked a little bit with no words.

   "What's your brothers name?"

Y/N stiffened at the question.

    "It's Theo." She sighed, walking more defensively now. The word left sourly.

  "Wow- that's, that's funny because we kind of, met some one named Theo who said you were his... sister?" Stiles tried to chuckle but when Y/N stopped in her tracks with wide eyes, he immediately stopped laughing.

  "He's- he's here?" She asked. Stiles nodded.

   "For- a couple of weeks, actually." Stiles winced. Now, now that he was here in the conversation, he really should have told her as soon as it happened. All his suspicions and theories kept him from doing it, and now-

   "Weeks?" Y/N narrowed her eyes. "He's been here for a couple of weeks and you didn't think to maybe let me in on this information?"

  "I'm sorry!" Stiles whined. "I didn't know what to do! He- he seemed so suspicious and just- off, I didn't really know what to think of either of you!"

   And other sentences Stiles really shouldn't have said.

    "You- you think I'm suspicious? That I'm up to something?" Y/N wondered, hurt. She wanted nothing to do with her brother and now she was being framed for being just as sketchy as he was? And by a guy she's thought she could've been with...

   "No, no! That came out wrong! What I meant to say was, a lot has happened and I can't just start trusting people when one says 'I didn't expect you to get so close'." Stiles quickly changed.  Y/N didn't really think that softened the blow.

   "Stiles, you trusted me before this! Why do you lose that now? Because my brother is acting off, now I'm suddenly in kahoots on his 'big evil plan'?" Y/N scoffed, making quotation marks with her fingers. Stiles winced again.

    He was not going to win this.

  "Y/N, I'm- I'm sorry. It's just- there's a lot going on and when two random strangers pop out of nowhere, I think I'm justified to be cautious."  Stiles sighed. Then his words rang through his head. Strangers, he thought to himself, I just called her a random stranger. Great one, Stiles. You really got her there. Hey, while you're at it, ask her to describe in detail how her sister died.

    "Okay, well-" Y/N nodded, backing up in the opposite direction. "This stranger will give you some time to sort out your suspicions. Don't worry, I'll try not to do anything evil."

   And she stomped off down to the other end of the hallway.

   "Y/N, please!" Stiles yelled, trying to follow, but froze. He'd better not follow because he had no explanation. No- comeback. Even if he did get her to turn around, what would he say? He didn't have anything planned and he really didn't feel like insulting her even more.

   So with sad eyes and a heavy heart, Stiles walked to lunch. Alone.

_______________________
  A/N:: aww. poor stiles. bUT HE insulted Y/N. so...

    stay tuned for part three (;

   love you so much